Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning recommendations for black seats on Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What recommendations on cleaning and treating black seats for Premium Interior? I bought a cleaner on Amazon but after reading up a bit more determined the solution might be a bit harsh, and it smelled like wet hay!
Any recommendations from other Model 3 owners with black seats would be appreciated.

What recommendations on cleaning and treating black seats for Premium Interior? I bought a cleaner on Amazon but after reading up a bit more determined the solution might be a bit harsh, and it smelled like wet hay!
Any recommendations from other Model 3 owners with black seats would be appreciated.

You might find this helpful:

Black interior cleaning question

I would check the owner's manual to see what Tesla recommends. That said, it sounds like many people use a general purpose interior cleaner from any of the major manufacturers such as Meguiars, Griot's Garage, or Carguys. I personally like the inteior cleaner from Chemical Guys "Inner Clean" as well as the Fast interior detailer from Mckees 37. Both clean great and have a very pleasant scent.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
ive used this for years and years across my last two suvs with black leather interior and now the 7 month old model 3 perf premium interior.

81EN5b2X5cL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R5QGGJG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reactions: joebruin77
Diluted Optimum No Rinse (ONR) is a fantastic and safe interior cleaner...not to mention you can obviously use it for rinseless washes. What i do is take 1 capful and put in 32 oz of distilled water. It is a great *mild* all purpose cleaner like this. Spray on, agitate if you want, wipe off.

I like using Optimum Protectant Plus as a "topper" on clean seats as it reduces friction, provides a protective top-coat vs. spills/dirt, and also has strong UV protection. Its is also mildly scented and easy to apply.