TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Cleaning Sensors

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by sapitswill, Jan 12, 2017.

1. sapitswill

sapitswill Member

A bird just had to drop some of its waste right on one of the front parking sensors on my 1 week old 60D unfortunately. I was just wondering if it was alright to use something like Ecosmart (Chemical Guys) on it and clean it off afterwards with a microfiber towel?

2. Dborn

Dborn Confirmed

Accurate bombing!!
    Personally I would use a pressure washer followed by microfiber towel. That's how I wash my car anyway.

3. araxara

araxara S-P85#3,218 X-90D#3,299

I've been using Ecosmart to clean my Model S (no sensors) for years. I've also used it to clean my Model X (with sensors) for a year. I've had major bugs and bird droppings on my X, including the sensor area. If you spray it on and let it soak in for a while it will work better. Usually, when dealing with hard to remove droppings, I use a non ammonia window clearer spray I buy at Costco.

• Informative x 1
  4. brucet999

brucet999 Active Member

Can't you just use water? Bird and bug droppings, in my experience, loosen up when wet, unlike tree sap that requires chemicals to dissolve.