Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning solution for carbon fiber wrap on console and dash?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those with carbon fiber wrap on their console and/or dash, what do you use to clean dust with?

Due to the material of the wrap, using a detail spray and microfiber cloth just causes the cloth to stick to the wrap, which leaves behind some of the cloth's fiber.

For those with carbon fiber wrap on their console and/or dash, what do you use to clean dust with?

Due to the material of the wrap, using a detail spray and microfiber cloth just causes the cloth to stick to the wrap, which leaves behind some of the cloth's fiber.
Get higher quality microfiber cloths and wash them prior to use. I like 303 protectant. (Also, do you have adhesive edges sticking up? I don’t get any microfiber sticking to mine, but I trimmed the edges off so no adhesive edges

I bought some Kirkland's plush microfiber towels from Costco....but I didn't wash them first

And no I don't have any adhesive edges sticking. I was using the new towels with CarGuys Super Cleaner and the fibers were sticking to the carbon wrap.

Maybe washing first is the best?

If you wash them first, don't wash them with any other items and do not use fabric softener. And be sure to dry them on an ultra low heat or else the microfibers in the towel will get hard and then be likely to scratch the surface you are cleaning.

I don't have the carbon fiber items you referenced, but I am guessing the problem you are having is similar to the problem I had with cleaning the windshield. Normal MF towels leave behind little annoying fibers you can see with sunlight hitting the windshield. The solution, which might work for you, is to use a waffle weave, glass cleaning towel that are designed to be lint free.

Here is an example from The Rag Company:

DRY ME A RIVER KOREAN WAFFLE WEAVE TOWEL

Hope that helps.