Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning sub-trunk carpet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just throwing our experience out there, we had a crock pot of mac & cheese tipped over in our trunk, not fun :) The most of it ended up on the removeable cover thingy, so we took that our and washed it with a hose. Then we wet / shop vac'ed everything else. Then I left the cover off, with the trunk open with a fan for two nights in our garage. Besides some staining on that cover piece, no smell.

I do believe, what's his name from the youtube channel "out of spec motoring" did exactly what you did with beer, but he hadn't noticed it for a few days. He just took the whole part out of the car and has never replaced it as you can't see it under the cover part. Not sure if you have to cut it out or it lifts out.

Either way it is worth a shot to try to clean it, just make sure you error on the to clean side and then to dry side with fans afterwards..

Thank you, guys. I was hopeful that removing the liner would be easy after seeing the plastic lip come off in a few seconds. But I'm not excited about taking the rear seats out!

In any case, it looks like the liner isn't made of cardboard. I'll try to shampoo the thing in place, and without too much liquid at once.