Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

cleaning the microfiber cloth (for use in cleaning the display...)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
seems like a silly question but as a new owner i've got tons of 'em :)

how do you clean the microfiber cloth that is used to clean the display screen? it seems that will get munged up pretty quickly given it's primary purpose is to remove finger grease from the screen. i searched the forums and didn't see anything. i'm assuming it can be washed (but not dried) like other cleaning cloths i've used.

thanks!

I use this for laundering my microfiber towels in the washing machine that I use to waterless wash the car:

Micro-Restore MicroFiber Detergent (1 Quart) - www.CarPro-US.com

I can vouch for the fact than an ounce in a washer load of microfiber towels takes ground-in black road grime completely off the microfiber and leaves it looking brand new. I'm sure using a capful soaked in a sink full of water for 30 minutes and lightly washed by hand would be more than sufficient for a smaller microfiber cloth.

I would throw it into the washer with in any gentle detergent (not the newer detergent and fabric softer in one). So,eating like Trader Joes's laundry detergent, Seventh Generation, etc.

Wash alone so you don't get lint from other clothes and hang dry. Putting in dryer will cause static, and using fabric softener will interfere with some of the nice microfiber features, (like dust pickup). I wouldn't even put in dryer without dryer sheet because rise oin dryer from other loads might be left behind (but that is just me being paranoid, I think).

just wash it? lol

i wipe my car and my dads car every day, and clean the interior once a week with a microfiber cloth thats been washed a few times (have lots of cloths). No scratches on the Volt's LCD screen's. And i simply use water, sparingly of course. :wink: