Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning the seats - what product

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Optimum No Rinse. Like Frank's Red Hot Sauce, I put that sh*t on everything.

ONR is intended for rinseless car washes, which is awesome by the way, but it also doubles as claybar lubrication at a different concentration. It also works really well for interior detailing. All around useful product. I like products that work well under many applications.

Please tell me you’ve got a back seat hammock or some other kind of protection in your Model 3 to keep your dog from messing up your seats. Please...

Check out this thread: Model 3 - Tips for dog owners

Nope. I suggested it to my wife back when that thread first came up and she reacted the same way a wife would if you told her that her sister was prettier. My dog is clean apparently and any suggestion to treat him lesser than human is cruel

Uh.. we are talking about the PUP Ultraleather fabric, no?

Here are the recommendations from the manufacturer, not any random cleaner where you don’t even know what’s in it!

Cleaning and Care | ultrafabrics

They use to have a list of actual recommended products and some were counter wipes such as Clorox cleaners since all they have in them is alcohol to sanitize. I use the wipes to clean and then a damp (water) paper towel to remove any residue and a dry paper towel to dry everything.

Nope. I suggested it to my wife back when that thread first came up and she reacted the same way a wife would if you told her that her sister was prettier. My dog is clean apparently and any suggestion to treat him lesser than human is cruel

Not sure what kind of dog you have. If they’re a decent size like my two dogs then it’s just a matter of time before their nails start ripping into the seats...

Reactions: Nathanael

Check out this model 3's with dog thread

From the advice I got there, I bought a dog hammock, hair rollers, and I keep a small towel if its a rainy, muddy day.

The manual has some advice, under "Cleaning":

Polyurethane Seats

Wipe spills as soon as possible using a soft cloth moistened with warm water and non-detergent soap. Wipe gently in a circular motion. After cleaning, allow the seats to air dry.​

The manual has some advice, under "Cleaning":

Polyurethane Seats

Wipe spills as soon as possible using a soft cloth moistened with warm water and non-detergent soap. Wipe gently in a circular motion. After cleaning, allow the seats to air dry.​
I’d trust the guys who make the material over general advice like that. :D Water isn’t going to do much except remove kid’s cookie debris and the like. Ultrafabrics.com makes the actual material and I never understood the ‘watered down’ cleaning instructions in the manual.

What is the actual fabric that the car uses? Is it Ultraleather Matte in Caviar? If so, here are the detailed specs for it, which some might find interesting. That fabric is tested to 100k + double rub abrasion testing.

For some context, anything over 50,000 double rubs is recommended for high traffic public space upholstery.

Uh.. we are talking about the PUP Ultraleather fabric, no?

Here are the recommendations from the manufacturer, not any random cleaner where you don’t even know what’s in it!

Cleaning and Care | ultrafabrics

They use to have a list of actual recommended products and some were counter wipes such as Clorox cleaners since all they have in them is alcohol to sanitize. I use the wipes to clean and then a damp (water) paper towel to remove any residue and a dry paper towel to dry everything.

What is the actual fabric that the car uses? Is it Ultraleather Matte in Caviar? If so, here are the detailed specs for it, which some might find interesting. That fabric is tested to 100k + double rub abrasion testing.

For some context, anything over 50,000 double rubs is recommended for high traffic public space upholstery.
Not sure we've ever tied down the actual one of their tons of options. What always gets me is all the choices they have and we have one or or two or three (and now maybe red :D ). Arg! Would you pay $X for custom seats of any Ultrafabrics material?

I have a 70% distilled water / 30% isopropyl alcohol blend in a spray bottle which I keep in the trunk well with a microfiber towel. This serves double duty as window cleaner and dog-mess-tackler (mostly slobber bits - have hammock but door protectors on order).

For detailing I use Chemical Guys InnerClean Interior Quick Detailer.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008LPEZ6Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edit: Note on the above - it is yellow and will stain your headliner. Ensure you're spraying the towel and take care when wiping near pillars.

Last edited: