Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning vegan leather interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I opened this thread wondering: wtf is vegan leather and why is it having issues??
There is no replacement for good quality leather... which hey, is pretty much true.... and everyone gave you a thumbs down.:rolleyes:
You can't point out things like that here. Everyone will come down on you.

I don't often see Tesla pics around here with seatcovers, why is that?
Leather in a car is stupid. It's not a suitable material for the environment that the interior of a car sees and to make it last either requires it be so processed that basically plastic cover leather or it has to be treated with kid gloves.

• Disagree
Reactions: b team and adaptabl
Freak accident with windex drops on white polyurethane seats resulted in a blue hue stain....consistent wiping with alcohol and microfiber finally took it off, unfortunately it seems to have rubbed off the soft finish. The bottom of my clothes seems to now not glide off a smooth seat, but rather cause friction. Does anybody know what will reapply the smooth finish?

I thought I read somewhere on here that the two recommended products were 303 for all interior including our seats as a protectant and Griot's garage 10956 interior cleaner for a general cleaner safe for our dash and interior. not sure what to use on the wood panel though.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JG3OIFU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F4PB8IY/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I've been using 3D LVP ( https://www.amazon.com/3D-Leather-V..._rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=MJ32W6WFEM77CQ7NBJ5P ) with really good results. Leaves a 'slippery' finish which has to be good for the alcantara - less friction means less wear. :)

Leather in a car is stupid. It's not a suitable material for the environment that the interior of a car sees and to make it last either requires it be so processed that basically plastic cover leather or it has to be treated with kid gloves.

No plastic can match a leather interior. I wish real leather was available as an upgrade.

Yes, according to the Internet... and post #2 in this thread. I've seen the same manufacturer info mentioned elsewhere (can't find it now). I don't have any insider info.

Oh right - I missed that post. I'm wondering because my Model X user manual used to suggest Isopropyl Alcohol, and the revised manual now says NOT to use alcohol based cleaners. So confusing, and I'm wondering what is causing the stain resistant coating to begin wearing off the side bolsters on my car. It is 24 months old.

So are there any updates? I'd love some kind of protectant to make it easier to get sunscreen off both the steering wheel and seats (when did the leather wheel stop? Mine is a June 19 Model 3)
I am constantly getting white marks on the doors, seat and wheel. even when I think I've rubbed the sunscreen in thoroughly, or it stays on my finger tips for a long time but still rubs off on the steering wheel. It is not zinc oxide but incredibly hard to get off (and it wasn't in my last car - it was really easy not sure but think it was real leather).

So are there any updates? I'd love some kind of protectant to make it easier to get sunscreen off both the steering wheel and seats (when did the leather wheel stop? Mine is a June 19 Model 3)
I am constantly getting white marks on the doors, seat and wheel. even when I think I've rubbed the sunscreen in thoroughly, or it stays on my finger tips for a long time but still rubs off on the steering wheel. It is not zinc oxide but incredibly hard to get off (and it wasn't in my last car - it was really easy not sure but think it was real leather).

This may simply be dead skin! It's something that drives me crazy about the Model 3 interior compared to every other interior I've had (plastic, leather, or cloth). It somehow grabs the dead skin on your elbows very easily and holds onto it well. So we get it on the door and console a lot.

We clean the car inside and outside weekly with diluted Optimum No Rinse (often referred to as ONR) with microfiber clothes and it gets rid of the dead skin collection very easily. We haven't tried anything else so I'm not saying ONR works best, it just happens to work for us.