Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

cleaning white seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This sounds very stupid but worked for me.
I had a box on my Model 3 (white) back seat which was wrapped with tape. When I got the box out of the car, some of the tape stuck to the seat and left adhesive/glue, resulting a big black stain. To get rid of the stain, I tried different kinds of cloth, different cleaning spray's, water, nothing worked. The big black stain stayed. Until I though, spit digests my food, why would it not dissolve my stain. I put some spit on the stain and used some dry cloth to wipe the stain away. The stain immediately disappeared.

Has anyone actually been able to get transfer dyes out of their white seats. I have tried baby wipes, alcohol, Mr Clean white sponges, leather cleaner, and grandma's stain remover and have had no success. I was told at Tesla, white seats clean up real easy with just baby wipes once a week. Well, I can now guarantee you, that is not correct information. Our new car since December is already stained. I now hand everyone a towel getting into the car to sit on that have jeans on. We all just laugh at how absurd that is, except my husband who did not want white seats for this very reason..(my daughters and I of course got our way with the white seats) So are ugly seat covers my only option to stay white besides not allowing darker blue jeans in my car? I can wash my family's blue jeans ,of which I have but, we still had problems. And, I can not wash my friends clothes. Any help is greatly appreciated.

So sorry to hear that. I was told by several people that the stain from jean's is impossible to get out. That is the main reason I did not order them. With my cream seats, I bought a nice square seat pad that protects the seat surface (at least from further damage for you). My wife has a habit of leaving a ball point pen in her back pocket and the 2016 shows the evidence.

20190818_093001.jpg

So have added a few ounces of prevention to her seat in the Blue Raven.

Reactions: OnBass
Has anyone actually been able to get transfer dyes out of their white seats. I have tried baby wipes, alcohol, Mr Clean white sponges, leather cleaner, and grandma's stain remover and have had no success. I was told at Tesla, white seats clean up real easy with just baby wipes once a week. Well, I can now guarantee you, that is not correct information. Our new car since December is already stained. I now hand everyone a towel getting into the car to sit on that have jeans on. We all just laugh at how absurd that is, except my husband who did not want white seats for this very reason..(my daughters and I of course got our way with the white seats) So are ugly seat covers my only option to stay white besides not allowing darker blue jeans in my car? I can wash my family's blue jeans ,of which I have but, we still had problems. And, I can not wash my friends clothes. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Yes and it is so easy. It is very easy: a sponge and Dawn dish soap. That's it. I just did it and all the blue jean stains came right out and my seats look brand new. I am still laughing at the YouTube videos about this which show 3 to 4 different kinds of cleaners and cloths etc. Ha ha a simple sponge and Dawn - that's it. It is so easy.

I've had the white seats for over 3 years with no tearing or discoloration. This past weekend I cleaned them for the first time using Armor All no shine interior wipes, and the little bit of dirt and grime on them came off easily. I've never had issues with denim transfer, but only wear jeans maybe two days a week.

I'm in the same boat, I'm afraid.

I haven't tried anything too extreme as of yet. However, neither scrubbing with soap and water, nor scrubbing with Pink Solution, has completely removed dye transfer. We seem to have dye transfer on the seats from both blue jeans and black winter coats, and that became evident after just a few months. I love these seats: they make such a huge impact on the open, bright, and modern look of the car's interior, but I fear what these seats will become down the road.

If anyone learns of a product or a technique that can truly remove dye transfer from Tesla ultra white vegan leather seats, I would love to hear about it.

PS.

Speaking to a service rep, I was told the following: "At the service centre we use a product call Sonax that works well but the up keep must be regular."
I would recommend Power Clean by Optimum Polymer Technologies! Dilution ratio 5/1 ! it's perfectly works on Tesla vegan leather!

Does the Power Clean by Optimum work to remove dye transfer?
Does the Power Clean by Optimum work to remove dye transfer?
it is very hard to remove dye transfer especially blue jeans! Even with the steamer! Tesla says that the seats are already coated from the factory. However, from our experience that coating (if it is exist) unfortunately does not protect from colour transfer.

Same issue here with my 2023 Model 3. I have an appointment at 7:30am at the Tesla Service Center tomorrow. Let’s see what they say. I clean the seats once a week with a microfiber cloth, soap and water.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    466.7 KB · Views: 25