Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleanser for white seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2018 model x with white interior. Previously I have been using 91% alcohol to clean the seats. They worked reasonably well. Although I still got some yellow black ish stains. Today I'm trying to find some new ways to clean them. Surprisingly I found out that the official cleaning webpage from Tesla now suggests never to use alcohol. I remember pretty well that the owners manual recommended alcohol. Which one should I believe? Any cleanser that worked great for others?

I don't have white seats, so don't take this as gospel, but I've also seen posts that you should use something as strong as 91% alcohol - thats really strong stuff. I've seen people recommend water or baby wipes. I'm sure you'll get more feedback.

I don't have white seats, so don't take this as gospel, but I've also seen posts that you should use something as strong as 91% alcohol - thats really strong stuff. I've seen people recommend water or baby wipes. I'm sure you'll get more feedback.
I realize I'm replying to myself, but I screwed up that first sentence - I've seen posts that you should NOT use something like 91% alcohol. Sorry.

Used a soft drill brush at the weekend, on slow with castile liquid soap and water. It did amazingly on everything except some blue from jeans. Didn’t even realize the seats were so dirty, they’re back to bright white like new.

Reactions: RNHurt