Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clear Bra Connection / Denver

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm calling around getting clear bra quotes in Denver. Generally $1000 - $1900. Then I talk with Clear Bra Connection --- $295.

Full hood, full fenders, side mirrors, A-Pillar. They don't do bumpers - something about they are plastic, made to withstand impacts, isn't needed. They've done a few 3s already. Openings this week to do it.Takes 1-2 hours ("generally 2 hours with a 3 because the logo on the hood is tricky") and 4 hours to set.

I laugh and say "too good to be true". He laughs back, says he gets it a lot. They are a wholesaler, generally do dealerships, mobile service so they don't pay for retail space.

Normally, I'd say too good to be true and move on. But.... 5.0 rating on google with 18 reviews going back a couple years, 1 yelp 5 star, A+ BBB.

Too good to be true?

So I'm calling around getting clear bra quotes in Denver. Generally $1000 - $1900. Then I talk with Clear Bra Connection --- $295.

Full hood, full fenders, side mirrors, A-Pillar. They don't do bumpers - something about they are plastic, made to withstand impacts, isn't needed. They've done a few 3s already. Openings this week to do it.Takes 1-2 hours ("generally 2 hours with a 3 because the logo on the hood is tricky") and 4 hours to set.

I laugh and say "too good to be true". He laughs back, says he gets it a lot. They are a wholesaler, generally do dealerships, mobile service so they don't pay for retail space.

Normally, I'd say too good to be true and move on. But.... 5.0 rating on google with 18 reviews going back a couple years, 1 yelp 5 star, A+ BBB.

Too good to be true?

That's very interesting. The front bumper still gets chipped because there's paint on it, so I'm not sure why they don't offer the M3 bumper.

If you decide to use them, let us know how it goes/looks.

The bumper is the important part, that is what eats 90% of the rocks and debris off the road. That price is great though, maybe do that and see if you can get someone else to do the bumper for a few hundred. If you do it post an update and let us know if the price reflects the quality or if you just found a great deal.

He uses 3M Professional. I scheduled an appointment for Monday. He told me the same thing about the bumper. Said that he's done thousands and thousands of cars (does a lot of dealership work), and that the bumpers are painted differently than the rest of the car (with flex additive added to the paint) and that it doesn't need the film.

To do it properly he should not do mobile? unless hes doing it in a tent or? never heard of not doing the bumper, some high end cars come wrapped from factory.... includes "bumper"

He said that he can do it in any residential garage. The "mobile" part is just that he's coming to your home rather than having/paying for a shop. I still think the bumper thing is weird and will most likely get my bumper done somewhere.

When I bought my Subaru a couple years ago the Sube dealer told me the same thing: The plastic front bumpers just don't get as chipped as the metal panels. I has asked why they put clearbra on the hood but not the bumper. The plastic bumpers flex, and the paint is flexible too. After two years driving around Denver (where C-470 expansion means a lot of extra gravel and such on the freeway) I can say that on the Sube, at least, he was 100% correct. Zero rock chips on the painted plastic parts, one on the hood (where the bra didn't cover, of course). Based on my experience there, I plan not to bra the bumper on my 3. Time will tell if that turns out to be a mistake.

Did you get it done and happy? I am shopping around in Denver for my M3. Other best rate I have gotten in Clear Bra Colorado for ~ 900 but has shop, uses XPel Clear Bra, includes bumper and 24 inches of hood.

I did get it done, and I'm happy with it. He trimmed around the logo on the hood, and rounded all the corners of the wrap so nothing catches a corner of it. 3M has been doing this a long time, and I don't doubt the quality of the product. I've had it on several other cars and haven't had any issue. I feel like some of the bad rap it's getting is coming from competitors or installers that only sell other brands. The Clear Bra Connection guy has several dealer contracts, and has been doing these for over 15 years, so until proven otherwise, I trust his judgement on product, not doing the bumper, and the quality of his work.

I did get it done, and I'm happy with it. He trimmed around the logo on the hood, and rounded all the corners of the wrap so nothing catches a corner of it. 3M has been doing this a long time, and I don't doubt the quality of the product. I've had it on several other cars and haven't had any issue. I feel like some of the bad rap it's getting is coming from competitors or installers that only sell other brands. The Clear Bra Connection guy has several dealer contracts, and has been doing these for over 15 years, so until proven otherwise, I trust his judgement on product, not doing the bumper, and the quality of his work.

I know this thread is old, but thought I’d post a reply since this thread led me to contact Clear Bra Connection. The price has changed slightly, but the value and the service of Clear Bra Connection is exceptional. Great communication and timely service at home. The owner (Scott) works weekends and around your schedule. I had a clear bra applied to my new Model 3 - hood (no front bumper, just as OP outlined and for the exact same reason), headlights, mirrors, 4 door edges, A pillars, top of back bumper (for luggage and loading), top of trunk for hand placement when closing, and the bottom door sill beneath the Model 3 plate (my feet drag there when getting in and out of the car). Scott (owner) charged me way less than half of the ~$2k mentioned in OP’s thread. He uses top of the line 3M material and the application looks top notch - hard to see the edge of the material even on a white car.

When I bought my Subaru a couple years ago the Sube dealer told me the same thing: The plastic front bumpers just don't get as chipped as the metal panels. I has asked why they put clearbra on the hood but not the bumper. The plastic bumpers flex, and the paint is flexible too. After two years driving around Denver (where C-470 expansion means a lot of extra gravel and such on the freeway) I can say that on the Sube, at least, he was 100% correct. Zero rock chips on the painted plastic parts, one on the hood (where the bra didn't cover, of course). Based on my experience there, I plan not to bra the bumper on my 3. Time will tell if that turns out to be a mistake.

I know every car I’ve had does get tiny rock chips on the front bumper so I guess YMMV