Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clear bra installer in San Jose area for Model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
Any recommendations for paint protection installers in the south bay? I need to get the front the hood and the bumper done. I do not want to have the bumper done in 20 different pieces. If that were the case, I'd just be the 3m kits myself like I've done for my other cars in the past and install it myself.

Hi Sorka

I suggest going with the Xpel Ultimate film, pattern and trained installer. Based on my 15 years experience the self healing film is the best on the market and it has a 10 year parts and labor warranty.
You can find a list of Xpel installers in San Jose here
http://locator.xpel.com/clearbra_installers/listings/United_States/California/San_Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa_Clara

Best of luck !

Make sure to go with a company that also uses the Xpel software and patterns for the most extensive coverage.

Hope this helps

Depends on what you are seeking. If searching for the best, use Premiere in Fremont. They have worked on my Aventador, Huracan, 458, P85+, P85D (two), and Range Rover. I'm OCD and didn't like FOSV's Xpel film job on my 458. I paid about $3k for it on my 458 and for a guy that's purportedly put on clear armor for 10+ years I was not impressed at all. It was visible everywhere and I had to bring the car back to FOSV to redo 2xs. I then found out about Premiere and had them redo it and only took one time to get it right. I wouldn't use anyone else at this point and have my inbound 918 Spyder shipping directly to Premiere in about a month once it arrives. Their site: premiermobilegroup.com

I've used Premiere mobile on my first car and they did an excellent job. For my Tesla I got a quote for ~3k for just a front custom wrap from Premiere and decided against it. (That's almost 3x as much as I paid the first time around and they wouldn't give me a break even though I was a returning customer (I supported them even before they had a physical location, they were just driving around in a Prius.

Anyways, I called AutoProFilms in San Carlos and got the same thing done for ~1400. Rob did an amazing job and I can't even tell that there is a clear bra on the car at all.

Hi, if you want to make a trip up to the east bay I'm in Walnut Creek and own OCDetail. We offer Xpel Ultimate for clear bra protection. We have also applied Opti Coat Pro and Cquartz Finest to more Teslas than anyone in the world. If the trip is a little to far as said Premier does great work. Just suggest what ever film you go with get it coated with Opti Coat Pro or something similar to make it easy to clean. We do this with any film install we do, I believe it really helps with film longevity being such a big investment to keep the car looking good. Keeping the film looking good just makes sense. Hope this helps!