Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clear Bra wraps for Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm looking to protect the paint on my new Model 3. I'm not inclined to spend a lot, will probably get an installer using a 3M vinyl. I'm interested in covering the front only - hood, fender, mirror, headlamps and front bumper. A few installers told me that the bumper is a different material and really doesn't need the protection. I'm concerned, especially with no grill, that the bumper might be the panel with the most vulnerable exposure. Any opinions? What are most owners actually covering?

Thanks

If you are going to PPF the front, I would definitely get the front bumper done also. We had a Nissan Murano that got hit with road debris on the front bumper. It actually tore the PPF, but the paint underneath wasn't damaged.

I would also consider getting your side skirts covered also..

Reactions: Vancouver ClearBra
I'm looking to protect the paint on my new Model 3. I'm not inclined to spend a lot, will probably get an installer using a 3M vinyl. I'm interested in covering the front only - hood, fender, mirror, headlamps and front bumper. A few installers told me that the bumper is a different material and really doesn't need the protection. I'm concerned, especially with no grill, that the bumper might be the panel with the most vulnerable exposure. Any opinions? What are most owners actually covering?

Thanks
Stay away from the installers who say it’s not needed. They’re probably smoking some strong stuff. I clear wrap just the parts most likely to get damaged (top bottom of hood, front bumper, mirrors, half of the front fenders). Worth it. I have two big nicks on my clear warp from road debris but my paint is still protected. The wrap did it’s job. I paid about $1200 for it. I forgot the cost but it wasn’t toooo expensive.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
I would recommend Xpel first off, best film on the market hands down. 3m just has the name, that’s about it. I don’t know what shop would tell you to pass on the bumper, to me, the bumper is the most important panel to wrap, as model 3’s don’t have a grille and that flat front of the bumper is very prone for rock chips. I install PPF everyday, I would recommend the full front (bumper, hood, fenders, headlights and mirror caps) and I would expect to pay $2000-2400 depending on your area.

Did you say you were concerned about chips causing rust? Maybe that's why the installer said you didn't need to do the plastic bumper. Anyhow, most people do the bumper, hood and front fender, mirror cups. I also did my doors and rocker panels.

Absolutely get the front bumper done too, it's going to take the most abuse... Near all Model 3's we do actually get the full vehicle done in clear bra so they don't have to worry about polishing and many other issues that can happen over the ownership of their Tesla. In the full coverage package we also do the taillights, headlights/fog lights the b-pillars and interior center console pieces as well.

I had my whole car done in Xpel ultimate plus. With ceramic on top of that.

One thing: Make sure you installer does a thorough paint correction before installing, whether on just the bra, full front, whole car, or whatever you decide.

Excellent to hear!!! Polishing is not needed on the areas you'll be installing the clear bra on as the clear bra will be the new top surface which will cover any micro scratches, marring, spiderwebbing etc... Xpel Ultimate Plus is an excellent film and most all of the Tesla's we've done have opted for it. Xpel Fusion is also an excellent option to make the job of cleaning very easy over the years but keep up your maintenance and don't recommend taking it through car washes if adding the ceramic coating on top.

Excellent to hear!!! Polishing is not needed on the areas you'll be installing the clear bra on as the clear bra will be the new top surface which will cover any micro scratches, marring, spiderwebbing etc... Xpel Ultimate Plus is an excellent film and most all of the Tesla's we've done have opted for it. Xpel Fusion is also an excellent option to make the job of cleaning very easy over the years but keep up your maintenance and don't recommend taking it through car washes if adding the ceramic coating on top.

What's your opinion of doing partial Xpel ppf (full front and rockers) and then Xpel fusion on a pearl white Model 3? I don't really want to spend the money for full ppf and ceramic. Would full ppf and skip the ceramic be "better"?

I always recommend doing the Xpel clear bra in full vs spending the dollars on ceramic as the film will last 10 years and prevent a great deal of damages while eliminating the need to ever polish the vehicle. Now once fully covered then the ceramic is greatly helpful for the ease of cleaning. Of course if there's no way to afford the full, one can do at minimum the full front and rockers and add a luggage area to the deal as well. Other option is do the full front and rear fender on down the rockers in one piece then as feasible go back and have other pieces applied till you have the full vehicle done. This will be more costly though as more work would be involved to clean each time and cut up the film etc...