Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

clear carbon fiber exterior accents

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is that fusion red with carbon fiber accents? For some reason that just doesn't work for me. I like it on Sig 100 with lime green. But not on fusion red.

Just my opinion.

My opinion is more favorable, although I thought the exterior CF package had the side mirrors in CF also. Between seeing this car and the neon green one it's obvious that is not the case.

3574642853_2ab26a1008.jpg
3574641719_e71909b2ed.jpg

Doug, if you were that close, surely you also got interior photos of the Lime Green VIN 100. What is the full interior look like? What is the story behind this car and what will it be used for? Was it produced back during the Sig 100 series, then put on hold partially built until the carbon fiber parts were ready?

Doug, if you were that close, surely you also got interior photos of the Lime Green VIN 100. What is the full interior look like? What is the story behind this car and what will it be used for? Was it produced back during the Sig 100 series, then put on hold partially built until the carbon fiber parts were ready?
I did get a bunch more photos of VIN100. I'll try to get around to posting them. The interior is the standard 2008MY interior with black leather. It wasn't built with the rest of the Sig100 series or at least it was finished only recently. I don't know if that means they started it and put it on hold. Seems more likely they just reserved the VIN and assigned it to this car.

When it saw it, it didn't have the little badge near the rear wheel well, nor the CF frame for the Signature plaque between the seats (that the Founders' cars also have). I didn't think to check the sill plates, but (from a bit that's visible in a photo) they appear to be the standard ones.

Exterior Exposed Carbon Fibre

Supercar saturday June 2011 (11).JPG
Supercar saturday June 2011 (1).JPG
Supercar saturday June 2011 (4).JPG
Supercar saturday June 2011 (3).JPG
Supercar saturday June 2011 (6).JPG
Here are the pix I promised a while back. All of the exterior exposed carbon fiber pieces were reproduced by CarbonOne Ind. The weave matches the OEM Tesla parts exactly. The entire hood is exposed carbon fiber, not just the top 3 louvers Ala OEM. The CF Tail light bezels are TMK the only ones in existence. The interior CF pieces are Tesla OEM except for the door sills and door handles which are from CarbonOne and everything matches. The pictures were snapped at SuperCar Saturdays at "The Arboretum" in South Barrington, IL.
pencil.png

More Pix. Sorry about Elise photo. I just had to share a picture of a Lotus Elise with handicap plates.

Attachments

• Supercar saturday June 2011 (2).JPG
    Supercar saturday June 2011 (2).JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 354
  • Supercar saturday June 2011 (5).JPG
    Supercar saturday June 2011 (5).JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 335
  • Supercar saturday June 2011 (9).JPG
    Supercar saturday June 2011 (9).JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 337
  • Supercar saturday June 2011 (7).JPG
    Supercar saturday June 2011 (7).JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 342
  • Funny
Reactions: DeedWest
Thanks for uploading those wonderful pictures Sam! Shortly I'll be sending out emails to those who are waiting for replies as well as current customers who are waiting for parts and updates. Right now I'm clear coating some parts so that way we can ship them off this new week. I look forward to contacting all of you and hearing back from you. Again, I'll be emailing everybody shortly and everybody should have an email in their inbox by the end of the night.

Thanks again, enjoy the rest of your Sundays!

John