Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clear Coat on RPMTesla Spoiler Flaking After 15 Months?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol. I am surprised that people didn't know about this. Aliexpress sells for cheaper and they might even give you a replacement if this happens. I have nothing against RPM or anything but all it is slapped their logo and sells for lot more.
I see this said a lot. Yes, there are certainly companies that just slap a logo on a cheap Chinese part, but there are other companies that actually import products correctly. They make sure that there is a level of QC and QA, as well as their own customer service. They choose quality products that will keep their customers happy and coming back. Quality issues happen to every company, the difference maker is how they handle it and take care of their customers. The Teslarati go pound sand technique is not the way to build a loyal customer base, in fact, it's the opposite.

As for RPM tesla, it looks like they may have a similar business model. This is unfortunate. I was on the fence about switching over to the CF dash and door inserts but I was concerned that they might have UV issues over a few years. These spoiler issues and how they handle them are reinforcing my concerns.

Thread drift: TESLOID: I ordered softside luggage from Tesloid, [custom fit designed to use every possible square inch of the frunk]. On their 3rd use, the shoulder strap ripped out of the luggage, tearing a big hole in the side. Tesloid responded by sending me a new PAIR of luggage.
(Luggage is unwieldy out of the frunk, but is space-efficient IN the frunk!)

just got my cf spoiler from ikon and installed about week and half ago.

hoping i dont run into this problem.

luckily the car will be garage kept and when i do go into the office, i'm in a parking garage.

not in the elements majority of the time.

I see this said a lot. Yes, there are certainly companies that just slap a logo on a cheap Chinese part, but there are other companies that actually import products correctly. They make sure that there is a level of QC and QA, as well as their own customer service. They choose quality products that will keep their customers happy and coming back. Quality issues happen to every company, the difference maker is how they handle it and take care of their customers. The Teslarati go pound sand technique is not the way to build a loyal customer base, in fact, it's the opposite.

As for RPM tesla, it looks like they may have a similar business model. This is unfortunate. I was on the fence about switching over to the CF dash and door inserts but I was concerned that they might have UV issues over a few years. These spoiler issues and how they handle them are reinforcing my concerns.
Don't let that stop you from getting a CF parts.

If you know how to wet-sand, it can be fixed fairly easy. Quick wet-sand then few cans of clear coat can fix the UV flaking issues. Or, pick up a front windshield sun shade to prevent exposing to UV during summer time.