Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clear coat scratch--need recommendation for a repair in the bay area

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Downside of the automatic lift gate is that now I've got a few little chips and one really ugly clear coat scratch in mine. I can't seem to remember to check clearances before I pop open the back.

Can someone recommend a shop in the Bay Area, preferably on the Peninsula, that I can go to?

Downside of the automatic lift gate is that now I've got a few little chips and one really ugly clear coat scratch in mine. I can't seem to remember to check clearances before I pop open the back.

Can someone recommend a shop in the Bay Area, preferably on the Peninsula, that I can go to?

I don't know a shop up there in the Bay....but i did want to give you a helpful piece of advice!!!!

YOU CAN ADJUST THE HEIGHT THAT THE LIFT GATE OPENS UP TO!

Press the button once to open it and as its moving up press and hold the button at the position you want it to stop. You'll hear a beep and now its set!

If the clear coat scratch is deep (you can easily catch it with your fingernail) and down to the aluminum or base coat, there's not much you can do besides touch up paint + touch up clear unless you want a repaint. If it's not too deep then ask a detailer if they can buff it out.