Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clear protective film kits for the X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anybody get seat backs wrapped yet?

I had a partial wrap done with XPEL upon delivery. It was the detailer's suggestion; $100 each for a total of $400 vs. $250 each for a total of $1,00. I figured that once my grandkids get older and out of safety/booster seats I could remove the film. So far so good. If you look closely you can see the lines of the film edge, but I can deal with that better than permanent scratches.

I had a partial wrap done with XPEL upon delivery. It was the detailer's suggestion; $100 each for a total of $400 vs. $250 each for a total of $1,00. I figured that once my grandkids get older and out of safety/booster seats I could remove the film. So far so good. If you look closely you can see the lines of the film edge, but I can deal with that better than permanent scratches.

do you have some pictures you can share?

do you have some pictures you can share?

Here you go. This was taken outside with all doors open so you could see the line. It's usually not as visible.

Seat Back.jpg

We will be taking delivery of our P90D in 2 weeks. It has been in queue for quite some time due to some issues. Hopefully to get it without having more issues. First to do is photosynch tint on all windows and the film for whole car. I will be using Premiere in Fremont. They did our previous 2 cars flawlessly. I would imagine the heat coming into the Model X windshield would be quite substantial compared to our Model S.

dwebb66 - I noticed your VIN at 1239. Mine is in the 900s, but stuck with some problems, which Tesla would not tell me what the issues are. Did you have any delays in terms of production issues?

None that I am aware of, I had not heard anything other than a delivery window of 17-31 of March; my DS called me on the 16th. I have been scrambling to free up the money as I expected at least a week to arrange it...

I am not sure that I will even ask my DS when I see him on Momday what the issues were (if any).

My friend previously had opticoat and it needed to be redone. The detailer he went to likes modesta and applied it instead-it looks stunning!!

We are Modesta PlusCon certified installers, and have used everything under the sun. I can say Modesta without a doubt has the best appearance on the market, in addition to its protection abilities. Its not the cheapest coating on the market and isn't for everyone but our clients absolutely love it as do I!

In reference to PPF we have also installed/tested just about every film on the market. We have been using Xpel Ultimate and SunTek coated films for some time now until we got our hands on Prestige Film Technologies "ClearGuard Nano SR". Hands down the best looking film with the highest liquid gloss top coating and 8.2mil thickness (thickest on the market).

Anyone considering getting protection on their new Tesla definitely consider Modesta and CGN, they also work very well together!

Attachments

• ClearGuard Nano (Digital Brochure).pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 96
  • Informative
Reactions: Vizir
I had my model X completely wrapped with Xpel and it looks great. Of note, the service center did not have extra badges or the T of the Tesla symbol, so the car is completely debadged for now and I am waiting to get my badges in. When they did the seat backs, the covering went all the way to the top and there is no line in the middle. However, the very very bottom portion is not wrapped (the section beneath the seam). Unfortunately I don't have a picture.

I agree that

upload_2016-3-20_7-50-27.png
upload_2016-3-20_7-51-26.png
upload_2016-3-20_7-51-17.png
upload_2016-3-20_7-51-8.png

Reactions: ModelX
We are Modesta PlusCon certified installers, and have used everything under the sun. I can say Modesta without a doubt has the best appearance on the market, in addition to its protection abilities. Its not the cheapest coating on the market and isn't for everyone but our clients absolutely love it as do I!

In reference to PPF we have also installed/tested just about every film on the market. We have been using Xpel Ultimate and SunTek coated films for some time now until we got our hands on Prestige Film Technologies "ClearGuard Nano SR". Hands down the best looking film with the highest liquid gloss top coating and 8.2mil thickness (thickest on the market).

Anyone considering getting protection on their new Tesla definitely consider Modesta and CGN, they also work very well together!

Thanks for the information. I haven't been able to find a link to locate Cleargaurd Nano installers. I live in Utah and would hope to be able to do it locally. Any ideas how to find out if it is doable here?

Thanks for the information. I haven't been able to find a link to locate Cleargaurd Nano installers. I live in Utah and would hope to be able to do it locally. Any ideas how to find out if it is doable here?

You can contact Prestige Films International directly @ [email protected] , He'll be able to locate the closest CGN dealer for you. Its not going to be as commonly available as Xpel or some of the other films available. As due to its clarity and high gloss it is more difficult to install.

• Informative
Reactions: vandacca