Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clear your USB drive often

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi peeps

Does anyone know roughly how much space videos take per minute? (including all the cameras)

About 30MB per minute for each camera.

Sentry mode is pointless the way it wont over-write old files. Bit tricky when in the middle of a journey with no pc to clean out the usb.

I just use multiple 32 or 16 GB sticks, have an empty one ready to plug in. But yes it would be good if the system overwrote files unless specifically saved.

Has Tesla fixed the issue where a lot of cards were getting killed?

Anyway, I've decided to go with 128GB Endurance rated MicroSDs in a mini card reader. I figured it would be more discreet, more reliable, and if the card dies it's wasn't too expensive an experiment before trying something else. I like the idea of a large capacity SSD but I was worried about it crapping out early, and also it would stick out like dog's bs in the not so hidden USB console compartment of a Model X.

Anyway, I've decided to go with 128GB Endurance rated MicroSDs in a mini card reader. I figured it would be more discreet, more reliable, and if the card dies it's wasn't too expensive an experiment before trying something else. I like the idea of a large capacity SSD but I was worried about it crapping out early, and also it would stick out like dog's bs in the not so hidden USB console compartment of a Model X.

This may be a good resource USB Flash Drives for Tesla Dashcam | TeslaTap

• Informative
Reactions: Tigger

I had a 64GB USB card and it filled up within about a week as I park in a public carpark with lots of cars driving and people walking past. The 1TB has been going well this week its a nice little black unit that might just blend in with the surrounds? its the WD My Passport SSD Portable Storage but its black and $60 at JB HI-FI

• Helpful
Reactions: paulp and Tigger