Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor ClearGuard Nano Clearbra and Satin Guard in Texas only available at EVS Motors Performance Studio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a little confusion I want to clear up that I've noticed some new Tesla clients have asked me. This particularly pertains to clients getting the multicoat red paint:

Q: "Do I still need a paint protection film or ceramic coating, since I'm getting the multi-COAT red?"
A: Yes, the "multi-coat" doesn't actually refer to any sort of paint protection film that comes with the car or any type of ceramic coating. The name implies more about the paint process of how they achieved that red finish in regards to the number of steps it took. The "multi-coat" doesn't mean it comes with ceramic coating applied or integrated into the paint, and it doesn't mean you won't get rock chips or scratches on the paint. PM me if you have any more questions about this question.

Just wrapped up on a silver X. Silver looks incredible on ClearGuard Nano. The metallic flakes in the paint really pop in the sunlight. Client requested the custom EVS hood option where we custom wrap the entire hood on all sides/edges. This entails no "relief cuts" you typically get from template coverage. By doing this custom EVS hood option, you get a much more seamless, almost invisible end result.
DSC00320.JPG
DSC00321.JPG
DSC00322.JPG
DSC00323.JPG

Freshly installed ClearGuard Nano paint protection film on the front end of this blue Model 3. I highly recommend at minimum, if you want to protect your paint, cover the entire full front end. Partial kits may be cheaper, but ultimately leave you spending more money in the long run, moreso than doing it full in the first place. Rock chips do hit beyond the first 12 inches of hood and fenders. You'll end up having to remove the clearbra, repaint the entire hood/fenders and replace it with a full coverage anyway.

View attachment 318174 View attachment 318175

Y'all did a great job on Talith, thank you!

• Love
Reactions: EVS Motors
Several members have pm'd me in the last few days asking:
Why do clearbra prices range so drastically where I live in <insert city>?

There's a lot of factors that go into pricing, but I'll just focus on 1 quick one--installation quality. I'll try to keep it simple.
No 2 shops have the same installation quality! If you're basing your next clearbra job, tint job, or any aftermarket service over a price quote over the phone, you're doing yourself a dis-service. As mentioned before in one of my threads, do yourself a favor and visit the shop and see their work if they have any vehicles finished in the front. Even if they don't have a car to show you, seeing the shop and meeting the people will help you decide if it's a shop you can trust.

Here's one common issue of many I see happen often with installations/installers that may lack experience, quality, or sometimes simply just care.

Below are pictures of a Tesla that got clearbra done elsewhere.

Jagged trimming/cutting on the film. There's a long scratch where they removed the excess film when they couldn't get it to lay down.
DSC00849.JPG

More jagged cutting on the paint running up the side of the fog light.
DSC00851.JPG

Some more leading up top.
DSC00852.JPG

At the end of the day, just make sure you know what you're investing into, so there's no surprises, especially if you have certain expectations/standards you want to be met.

Wrapping up this new Model 3 with ClearGuard Nano on the entire front end. Client opt'd for the EVS custom hood option where we wrap around the entire hood on all sides, no relief cuts. This is a "no-plotter" option for clients looking for a seamless application on the hood.

Here's a closeup on the hood with ClearGuard Nano installed on the hood and fender. Typically corners on the hood show relief cutouts in the film to give installers an easier time. By eliminating the plotter for the hood, we can give clients a much cleaner result.

screenshot 2.jpg

Glareshield installed on this Model S! A great matte screen protector specifically for S and X. Fingerprint resistant, scratch resistant, anti-glare, blue light reduction, and UV protection.

We can install them or if you prefer doing it yourself, we can ship them to you. Msg me if you're interested!
DSC01056.JPG

Here'e some more photos showing the drawbacks on a partial clearbra protection (partial hood coverage & partial fenders coverage). You clearly see rock chips and scuffs landing literally inches above the clearbra line, almost as if it's mocking you!

*Work was not done by us and film is not ClearGuard Nano.*
DSC01164.JPG
DSC01165.JPG
DSC01166.JPG
DSC01167.JPG
DSC01168.JPG

DSC01231.JPG
Gloomy day for a pickup but it's finished! The entire painted exterior is completely protected. A neat bonus to having the whole car wrapped in ClearGuard Nano, is that there's a built in hydrophobic layer on top, so it's very similar to having a ceramic coating on top. Water beads off the entire car, making it easy to clean and stay clean.

Besides ClearGuard Nano, we also tinted all the windows in Photosync and installed a Blackvue dash cam as well. You can see more on those products on my other threads.

DSC01584.JPG

Model 3 getting the full front end protected with ClearGuard Nano. Doing the EVS custom hood option as well.

A closer up shot to showcase the clarity of the film. This is the clearest film we've seen offered in paint protection.
DSC01594.JPG

Last edited:
Really excited about this one--full vehicle wrap on Model X. A full wrap is definitely something worth investing in if you're planning to keep it for years to come, especially if you go on adventures with your X.

DSC01912.JPG
DSC01914.JPG
DSC01915.JPG

Last edited:
I often get asked, "What do you mean by clarity? Aren't all clearbras 'clear'?"

Yes to a certain extent. Just like water, there's different levels of clarity--some are crystal clear and some are murky brown. Of course, clearbra clarity between brands aren't that extreme, but you get the point. It's important to look for maximum clarity when it comes to a clearbra because it'll allow your paint to shine through like how it's meant to. Otherwise, you may notice a difference in clarity between non covered and covered panels.

Here's a closeup on the clarity of ClearGuard Nano. CGN has been the clearest film we've seen in the market--allowing your true metallic paint to shine through.

DSC01957.JPG
DSC01958.JPG

On this X, we color matched the door handles to the paint of the car, giving it a super clean look. Since it's now painted, we clearbra'd them to add a little extra protection, since they get used a lot.

DSC02278.JPG

We are doing an EVS custom hood option on this X as the client requested. No relief cuts on the hood on any corners. This makes it look as seamless as we possibly can.
DSC02285.JPG

Here's a super close up shot of Clearguard Nano installed of a pearl white MX. Metallic flakes from the paint easily shine through without any hindrance from orange peel or uneven texture you usually experience from most clearbra films.
DSC02265.JPG

We're completely protecting all the painted exterior surfaces of this 3 in ClearGuard Nano. Highly recommend this setup if you're daily driving your Tesla and/or plan on keeping the car for years to come.

I recommend at the very least covering the full front end of the car. If you're interested in doing the full car, you can always add more panels as you go, but the full front end is the most vulnerable panels, especially from daily driving.

DSC02360.JPG