Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor ClearGuard Nano Clearbra and Satin Guard in Texas only available at EVS Motors Performance Studio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please please do your research when it comes to picking the right clearbra/ppf/paint protection film for your Tesla. There’s a bunch of brands in the market and if you pick the wrong ones, you’ll get that ugly distortion/ripply texture that runs all over your Tesla and not to mention a huge waste of money. In this vlog, I showcase the clarity of ClearGuard Nano for you to compare and if you want to see it in person, come by our shop.

I also show how shadow black vinyl looks like installed in the Tesla Model X.

If you’re planning to get clearbra installed on your car, PLEASE PLEASE do yourself a favor and visit the studio and the people in person before you decide where to take your car. It only takes 30 mins and will save your future self from any problems you’ll encounter down the road because you didn’t do your homework when choosing the right studio.

In this vlog, I show viewers a clearbra job done by another shop/installer, and consistent viewers of our vlogs can see the difference in the work right away. We show this not to poke fun but to just educate viewers that clearbras, installations, or installers are NOT the same. At the end of the day, you want to get the job that meets/exceeds your expectations.

Besides this, we also show a chrome delete in process with a Model S and even though the Supra isn’t a Tesla, you can see how Satin Guard looks on a black car for those of you looking for the ultimate option if you want a color change wrap + legitimate rock chip/scratch protection film.

Are you looking for some gift ideas for that special Tesla owner in your life? I saw a few lists online, and I noticed they all had the same basic ideas, which is fine but the people need more! I came up with this guide which is specifically for a car enthusiast looking for more than floor mats and chargers. These ideas are based off of some of the most popular products our clients come in asking for. I hope you enjoy and maybe spark some ideas for you!

Happy Sunday everyone!I see posts all the time confused about these 2 products asking “which should I get?”, “which is better?”, “should I do both?”, etc., so I wanted to make a video hopefully to clarify the differences between the two. Having had both products at the same time and having had each product separately, I can say that they are different enough where they should be in separate conversations. They have different main purposes. Hope you enjoy the video.

This wasn't a major point in the vlog, but in case you want a glimpse of what Satin Guard looks like on a black Tesla Model X, we work on wrapping an entire car in it. Still a work in progress but we're also doing a chrome delete as well to give it a stealthier look.

Love how Satin Guard looks on black and it was definitely interesting to see, since we haven't done one in a non-metallic paint before.

Many Tesla projects going on in this vlog viewers can get a glimpse of—we have center console wraps, full Model 3 matte clearbra wraps, springs installation, and tinting going on. I also fail to install a screen protector on my Model 3. We also give a tip for any Model 3 Performance owners looking to buy spacers and/or aftermarket wheels for their car.

What is acceptable when it comes to clearbra (ppf) installations? In this vlog, I show you a questionable clearbra installation on an Aston Martin (~3:00 mark) and a Tesla Model X we just finished wrapping the entire front end with our clearbra (5:00 mark). Not all clearbras are the same, so if you’re looking for the best clarity possible, you’ll want to check this out.

What a project and it's finally done! Stock Tesla Model X and completely upgraded the look of the car. Entire X wrapped in Satin Guard (PPF) to turn the Midnight SIlver into a matte, satin, and translucent finish that doesn’t wash out the color like other films do, but enhances it. Now that it looks sportier, I had to do a chrome delete to go along with the new color, along with some red custom painted badges to tie it all in. Photosync window film, to keep the car cool and to maximize range efficiency. Let me know what you think of this build:

This post may seem a little off topic, but surprisingly, I get quite a few PMs from members of this forum who aren't Tesla owners but are seriously considering one (which is why you're here!) asking us if it's the right car for them, since we work on quite a few and own them ourselves. While we can't say what's right or wrong for each person, I decided to make a video highlighting the top reasons why we love our Teslas/why you should buy one, and these are also the same reasons why I decided to keep mine after 6 months of contemplating selling it!

In today's vlog, I show what Photosync 45% looks like on a 3 on the sides/back and 70% on the front windshield. Great option for people wanting more transparency into the cabin for an OEM look, while still maximizing heat rejection. We also start working on clearbra'ing the 3 later in the day if you want to see a little glimpse of the process.

0:38 mark for the tint
1:52 mark for clearbra process

There's a snippet in this vlog where I show a Model X that we're wrapping in Satin Guard and I compare how that satin finish looks with satin black vinyl wrap. Great comparison for those of you curious as to how different or similar both those 2 films look, as Satin Guard is a PPF/clearbra that's satin/matte and vinyl wrap is mainly for cosmetics.
~ 3:06 mark

If you want spacers, ceramic coating, or want to turn your Tesla factory color into a satin version but want to see what these mods look like before diving in, you’re in luck! We got 3 difference projects going on at the shop showcasing all of these:

Wheel Spacers on Model 3 ~ 1:13 mark

Tesla Model S Ceramic Coating ~ 3:40 mark

Tesla Model X Satin Guard PPF Wrap (Satin Black) ~ 3:30 mark

Here’s some ideas for anyone looking to black out their Teslas: Model X that’s about to be the stealthiest X in Houston—all black everything, including turning the factory black color into satin black with Satin Guard PPF. A black Model 3 getting rid of its chrome trims as well, and a water beading test on a ceramic coating BMW for those of you wanting to see the benefits of having a coating—this is it

Ceramic coating water beading test ~1:40 mark
Satin Black Model X progress ~2:00 mark
Model 3 reveal with blacked out chrome delete ~4:00 mark

I love stealthy X’s! Never gets old no matter how many we do. Here’s a X we just finished wrapping the entire car in Satin Guard w/ chrome delete. I also show a Model 3 that just got the rear spoiler and front lip put by Vorsteiner Volta put on as well. So menacing!

~2:11 mark Tesla Model X reveal

~4:20 Tesla Model 3 Vorsteiner Volta front lip and rear spoiler reveal

How does clearbra (ppf) look after 2 years of ownership? It mainly depends on how it's taken care of. Here's an example of a Tesla Model 3 we clearbra'd 2 years ago and how it looks today. This literally looks like a job we finished 2 weeks ago. This is definitely one of the best cared for cars we've ever seen, but it shows that clearbra can last a long time when taken care of properly.

Some Tesla goodness in this vlog. We swapped out our Tesla Model 3’s wheels to Vossen’s new HF-4T. Really cool design, especially since there’s a twist detail to them. Combined with the Vorsteiner Volta kit, it’s a great look. We also finish up a Model Y clearbra (ppf) and window tint and get it ready for the Houston road (once this whole lockdown is over with of course because everyone is playing by the rules and staying inside like we’re all suppose to and not doing anything we shouldn’t be, because social distancing is very very important and like the mayor of Houston said, we all need to “chill”).

~ 1:15 mark Tesla Model 3 with new Vossen Wheels

~ 4:12 mark Tesla Model Y Walkaround

A quick look at a Tesla Model X that got finished up with a cleabra (ppf) on the full front end. Keep in mind, different films have different levels of clarity, which means it can look foggy/milky and distort the paint, or be virtually invisible. Talk to your local installer and let them know what's important to you.