Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clearplex scratches easily by windshield wipers?

tempest2001

Mar 14, 2021
SoCal
Hey Everyone,

For those of you that have the Clearplex installed, does it scratches easily by wipers? I read if you apply like the detailing wax or certain conditioning product it supposed to help with the scratches. But I wanted to find out if it's worth it the $700 I was just quoted and the installer indicated wipers will scratch it so it's up to me if I wanted to do it. I realize that two Clearplex will probably = 1 windshield replacement but I'm reading here that a lot of people struggle to get it replaced due to inventory issues so might be another option I can consider.

Thanks,

Tempest

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC