Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Click noise when car holds

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very normal. That sound is the parking brake being engaged. Can't hear it if you have music blasting!

Parking brake does not engage during a hold when coming to a complete stop. What the OP is experiencing is the normal sound of the brake pad engaging the disk. It's a very subtle click when you see the "Hold" icon appear.

When you put the car into Park by pressing the button and see the "Park" icon appear, the parking brake makes a louder, distinctive robotic sound of an actuator moving from the drivers side rear wheel.

I guess it is normal. I've never experienced that with any of my other gasoline cars that have the hold function. That being said, this is the first car where I've come to a stop and not had to press the brakes so it makes sense.

My wife is on her second model 3 and they both make this clicking sound. Though to me the sound seems to be coming from directly behind the dash, which is why it always made me wonder about it. but who knows, my hearing prob ain't what it used to be.