Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clicking & Clunking while Parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
dont have my 3 yet, but i notice my S on occasion will make a slight click noise and then i can her an electrical hum. i am 80% sure this a phone home state where the car powers up and unloads some data. pretty sure your car is doing the same.

watching the video that is 100% an electrical contactor opening or closing.

• Disagree
Reactions: Snerruc
I turn it off before exiting the car

So there goes my theory. But just wondering, why do you turn off the heat before exiting? Don't you just have to turn it on again when you return to drive the vehicle? The only thing I turn off before exiting is the passenger's heated seat if my wife had turned it on, since the car will turn the back ones off but not the front ones, which I find odd. It treats the front heated seats like the climate control and keeps the settings when you return. That makes sense for the climate control but I see no need for that with the front heated seats.

So there goes my theory. But just wondering, why do you turn off the heat before exiting? Don't you just have to turn it on again when you return to drive the vehicle? The only thing I turn off before exiting is the passenger's heated seat if my wife had turned it on, since the car will turn the back ones off but not the front ones, which I find odd. It treats the front heated seats like the climate control and keeps the settings when you return. That makes sense for the climate control but I see no need for that with the front heated seats.

Just a habit that came from the X...I would hate having the AC turn back on when I merely had to get something from the car.