Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clicking & Clunking while Parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, this clicking / clunking is driving me nuts and it's only been ONE DAY! I know it has nothing to do with the phone because the car is not in my Tesla Account yet, so I can only use the key card at this time. Definitely sounds like a solenoid opening and closing. Goes in spurts. Seems to start about an hour after shut down. Then will continue multiple times over every 30-45 seconds (one clunk, then a few seconds later another clunk, apparently opening and closing of something), then repeats this process 30-45 seconds later. My office is next to the garage so i can hear it through the garage door. Keep thinking I have a rat bouncing inside my walls. Does it while plugged in or not. It's 70 degrees out, so no reason for the battery to be conditioning itself.

Anyone found out what it really is and why and most importantly, HOW DO YOU STOP IT FROM DOING IT??? About ready to park the car outside. My Model S does it, but it's like a once or twice a day thing, not every 30-45 seconds!

OK, this clicking / clunking is driving me nuts and it's only been ONE DAY! I know it has nothing to do with the phone because the car is not in my Tesla Account yet, so I can only use the key card at this time. Definitely sounds like a solenoid opening and closing. Goes in spurts. Seems to start about an hour after shut down. Then will continue multiple times over every 30-45 seconds (one clunk, then a few seconds later another clunk, apparently opening and closing of something), then repeats this process 30-45 seconds later. My office is next to the garage so i can hear it through the garage door. Keep thinking I have a rat bouncing inside my walls. Does it while plugged in or not. It's 70 degrees out, so no reason for the battery to be conditioning itself.

Anyone found out what it really is and why and most importantly, HOW DO YOU STOP IT FROM DOING IT??? About ready to park the car outside. My Model S does it, but it's like a once or twice a day thing, not every 30-45 seconds!
Did @K-MTG ever get this fixed? I wonder if the BMS update (which hasn't been confirmed to be installed by default yet) would correct this issue.