Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clicking noise at low speed when the steering wheel turned right

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I hear a clicking noise like this whenever I move the wheel to the right at a really low speed
If this only happens when your wheels are fully turned either way, it's likely the brakes rubbing on the rotors. Try disabling or enabling hold and varying how you apply the brakes to see if it changes the noise. People have reported differences depending on which combination they do:

If this only happens when your wheels are fully turned either way, it's likely the brakes rubbing on the rotors. Try disabling or enabling hold and varying how you apply the brakes to see if it changes the noise. People have reported differences depending on which combination they do:

So I sent them the video and they changed my appointment from a service center visit to a mobile visit and said that it is under warranty so removed any service cost related to it.
I tried changing from Hold mode to creepe and that in fact changed the frequency of how frequent the click. Also, there is no sound when the wheels are turned all the way at high speed, and only audible at speeds around 5-6kms(No wonder I noticed it quite late).

So I sent them the video and they changed my appointment from a service center visit to a mobile visit and said that it is under warranty so removed any service cost related to it.
I tried changing from Hold mode to creepe and that in fact changed the frequency of how frequent the click. Also, there is no sound when the wheels are turned all the way at high speed, and only audible at speeds around 5-6kms(No wonder I noticed it quite late).
Any update on this? Mine does exactly this and they want to charge me $200

its some rubbing, i have that too but not all the time. figured something is clearing something by 1mm so when things get a bit warmer its touching.
Hey I was able to get it serviced. The guy told me it has to do something with the torque.
Adding the invoice to help other tesla owners.

Attachments

• B6890EF6-44E0-4A3D-91EE-33D00A7FF001.jpeg
    B6890EF6-44E0-4A3D-91EE-33D00A7FF001.jpeg
    190.8 KB · Views: 291
Interesting. My sound disappeared overnight. It was pretty loud yesterday.

Edit: after a drive, it's back.
Happened the same to me. It was On and off.
Initially, I thought it was due to cold or rainwater or something because that is when I hear it.
But read about how people say it is something to do with CV joint so I decided to book a service and later provided them with a video so they turned my service to mobile and said it is covered under warranty
So my suggestion would be to book a service for your peace of mind because I just could not ignore the sound and make sure to send them the video when you are making an appointment. If it is not anything serious they will just change it to a mobile service.
Surprisingly tesla service people are quite good at judging through videos and photos.
But again I am damm sure it is nothing serious with your Tesla too (As the sound is ON and OFF)