Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clicking Noise coming from wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently started hearing a clicking noise coming from driver side wheels. It happens when I accelerate and decelerate at low speeds. The sound is exactly the sound of a torq wrench when it meets the amount of torq you set it to.

I recently started hearing a clicking noise coming from driver side wheels. It happens when I accelerate and decelerate at low speeds. The sound is exactly the sound of a torq wrench when it meets the amount of torq you set it to.

I have exactly that in my model X. I was taking it to service for other reasons. Ask him to check it out. They told me something was caught in the brake pad. They removed it and the noise went away.

I had the same issue on my 2018 X100D. There was axle creaking on acceleration and deceleration at low speeds. Tesla lubricated the axle splines, and it fixed the creaking.

There is also a loud clicking sound similar to someone hitting the ground with a tin can. That was mitigated in one wheel by replacing the wheel hub assembly (bearing failure). I still have it in another wheel and have learned to live with it when Tesla told me it’s “normal”

You might just want to at least check the tires for something. Just takes a few minutes. I recently had a nasty surprised when I got a carpet cutter blade in the tread. I assume it fell off some contractor's truck. $340 later it was silent again after they replaced a tire.

Reactions: mbp11