Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clicking noise driver side

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just recently I've started noticing a clicking noise on the driver side and it seems to be coming from the air vents. This seems to coincide when I either turn up or down the air conditioning and it has only recently started. It seems to start clicking straight away and only lasts about 4 seconds and then goes away.

Anyone else experienced this? Know what is it? and have Tesla been able to fix it?

I've searched and it does seem to be air conditioning-related but this was going back to 2018. It doesn't seem to be causing issues but just looking for confirmation

Got the same thing on my '69 plate M3 LR.

Sounds from the driver side vents, only hear it when the AC kicks in (cold or warm), but it does stop after a short while. Honestly never thought too much into it, as the functionality has not been impacted (not that i've noticed for what thats worth)

Same on my 69 P-. Clicks few times on a cold start around the end of my road, then thats about it. Sounds like an expansion noise in the air ducts.

Decided its not worth pulling the car a part - it never goes back together quite as well after having something like that investigated.