Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clicking noise from stopped to start...?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had the DU replaced for my 2013 MS P85 at 39k miles, 3 weeks ago.

Awesome service! Loaner car, washed and charged when it was done! Only took a few days.

But I am hearing a slight clicking noise from the rear every time I go from a stop to start...
I can feel it as well. It's slight, but I have not felt this in my buddy's 2014 MS 85, and I did not hear or feel this in a recent test drive of a new MS...

They just replaced the drive unit for the clunking noise and electric whine noise.
I am hoping it's not this DU, and maybe it's something else, but it does remind me of the noise I heard before - that went from clicking to louder clunking when I put on and let off the accelerator. (I almost said gas! :)

I have an appointment to bring it back.
I am just curious what info I can gather.
I love my car and what it does for the environment!
I am still under warranty so I am sure Tesla will take care of it.
Just wondering if others have had the same noise...?

Thanks

Update: Tesla Service was awesome!
They replaced the axles and no more noise!

REAR HALFSHAFT 36 MM, PERFORMANCE

(1007719-01-B)

WASHER SAFETY M24x39 (1020296-00-B) 2

NUT HF M24x1.5 [8.8] ZnFl-W (1020297-00-

A) 2

AND they gave me a Tesla loaner car with autopilot! I did not use the full autopilot but I LOVE the cruise control that lets you set the max speed and car length between cars for freeway traffic! That came in super handy driving from San Diego to Santa Barbara! My 2013 does not have autopilot, but in 5 years or so I will buy one that does. I don't think people truly get it until they drive one.

Thanks, I am hearing a pretty loud pop when I put it in reverse in the morning when I back it out of my garage...
Seems like a related symptom?

I am bringing it in this Monday and I will update the status.

Thanks

Wet brakes? if you parked the night before, the parking brake pads likely stuck to the rotors. Backing out, they un-stuck and made a pop. Common event...

Update: Tesla Service was awesome!
They replaced the axles and no more noise!

REAR HALFSHAFT 36 MM, PERFORMANCE

(1007719-01-B)

WASHER SAFETY M24x39 (1020296-00-B) 2

NUT HF M24x1.5 [8.8] ZnFl-W (1020297-00-

A) 2

AND they gave me a Tesla loaner car with autopilot! I did not use the full autopilot but I LOVE the cruise control that lets you set the max speed and car length between cars for freeway traffic! That came in super handy driving from San Diego to Santa Barbara! My 2013 does not have autopilot, but in 5 years or so I will buy one that does. I don't think people truly get it until they drive one.

Glad they fixed it, also welcome to the forum!