Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clicking noise turning wheel l/r and backing up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I see. Any improvement in actual breaking with those calipers? I'm considering doing it too.
I hardly use the brakes so I cant really tell much there, I never race or anythng like that. Its my understanding that it would help dissipate heat a little better than the base level calipers but cant really do much for improving the stopping of the car during regular use. I'm no expert on brakes, but I wanted to change the look of the car and I like to take on projects, it was fun to do.

I'm hearing a loud click and pop going lower speeds. Car was delivered in June and has only 1300 miles on it right now.

I suspect midshaft / cv joints

I googled a video on youtube and it sounds exactly the same.

I took it in to Tesla and they found the click/pop but though they said they needed to lube the boots up and said that it comes with very little lube from the factory?

Anyway they tightened something and now it's loud as hell when I turn left or right. And if you're backing up in your garage it's so loud! Like a tin can bagging up against something inside.

Anyways, does anyone have an ideas what this is. I'm kind of regretting my purchase this is the third time bringing it in for this. I want to make sure I'm safe on the road the last thing I need is suspension failing on me...
Look at this VIDEO I just post, seems I found an issue, not sure what it does and why it helped, but it did, dealer probably moving things around while changing something and it helps for a little and then it comes back

Good luck

Look at this VIDEO I just post, seems I found an issue, not sure what it does and why it helped, but it did, dealer probably moving things around while changing something and it helps for a little and then it comes back

Good luck
the description of your video says "model X" but this is the model 3 forums of TMC. You are also responding to a thread posted a few months ago, where the OP of the thread has not been on TMC since october of 2020.