Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clicking noise while turning the yoke - 2022 Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
any updates on this ?
service department fixed it by adjusting and re-lubricate the underbody frame bolts as they told me. It’s been okay since 4:30pm yesterday. No more clicking noise for now. However, strangely my displays in the car failed to wake up twice today. 2nd time I did the reboot and so far looks alright. Not sure if my main screen is supposed to light up when I open the trunk but it doesn’t anymore.

Reactions: Jackob
I had the same issue when I took delivery last year. I never paid attention to it, as in typical Tesla fashion, I didn't obsess over all the little clicks/knocks and creaks the car made. But as I started driving this noise along with a few others started annoying me, so I did make a service appointment back in September and was diagnosed to the following,

Half shaft - Front Drive Unit - Lubricate at Hub - Left and Right

The clicking noise has not come back ever since this was done.

Reactions: Jackob
I am now on my 5th SC visit. The bash bar and all components have been replaced twice. The bash bar keeps working loose. Each time it comes back sooner and sooner. The last visit it started its creaking the moment I pulled out of Tesla. At this point I have engaged an attorney for a buyback. I can overlook the trash filled paintwork, software glitches, and panel gaps but not the creaks. A 100K plus vehicle should not do this with 1200 miles on the clock.

This is how I solved it:

Reactions: bkcyk
Just bought this used Model S and didn't really notice this until turning the yoke in the garage with the music off. It's not as loud as it sounds in the video, and I have a service appointment scheduled, but hopefully it's same skid plate issue and easily resolved.

In case others have this clicking problem, it turned out to be the sheer plate. Service center adjusted while swapping out the yoke for a steering wheel, and it's completely silent now.

Yup, the service center "adjusted" a sheer plate and the noise disappeared.
I submitted a ticket yesterday for the same issue. I'll mention your fix like others have mentioned as well. Being under warranty still, I found it odd in the app, that they quoted me $156 just to submit a ticket. It will be waived I'm sure after it's fixed. Just never seen a charge before since I'm still in my 3 year.

I submitted a ticket yesterday for the same issue. I'll mention your fix like others have mentioned as well. Being under warranty still, I found it odd in the app, that they quoted me $156 just to submit a ticket. It will be waived I'm sure after it's fixed. Just never seen a charge before since I'm still in my 3 year.
That's pretty common, they quote the price of the repair even if/when covered by warranty. It ends up as $0 on the invoice.

• Informative
Reactions: chrisdh79