Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

clicking on driver side/front during very slow full-wheel-turns

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to take my 3 into service today, but wonder if I can see if this problem has been reported (and solved?) before.

when entering a parking spot and slowly turning the wheel (close to the extreme lock position, but not AT that lock position, just a little slack left) there is a click-click-click that is speed sensitive. seems to be based on how fast the wheel rotates.

only seems to be front left (drver) wheel. had some friends listen near the other tires as I did that test turn in a parking lot and they said they only heard it from the front/left.

we removed the plastic hubcap cover and saw nothing obviously wrong. wheel seems torqued ok (but we didn't test it; still, the car seems to drive and track ok).

not sure if there is a bad bearing or something. does this description sound familiar to anyonie?

RWD m3 sr+

have an 11.30am appt today, so hopefully either us or them can figure out what it can be.

waiting on service, now.

was told it could be one of 2 things: a sway bar link (or like that) that can go bad or be bad from the factory.

other thing it could be: some dirt or rock getting between the rotor and the wheel or something. there are openings to clear out debris but the tech said that it often does not self-clear.

I don't think I drove over any gravel roads.

car will be at tesla until tomorrow; will report back what they find.

The sway bar links on Model 3 are kinda shitty it seems, i've seen many people needing replacements without modifying their cars at all. I just replaced mine with adjustable whiteline links on the front and it definitely seems quieter than it was before (i had a slight clunk on rough roads and steep hills at low speeds)