Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clicking / Rattle sound from Driver Seat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lately I've noticed on my model 3 a clicking / rattle sound coming from the right side of the driverside. It's hard to locate the exact spot, but I think it's coming from the seatbelt area.

Happens when you accelerate and let off the accelerator pedal abruptly or sometimes mid-corner. It'll make what is best described as a clicking sound.

Anyone else experience this?

Yes! I thought I was going crazy but this happens to me too, though infrequently. I tried readjusting the height of the seatbelt against the b pillar to the highest setting and I haven't heard it since. Hoping this has fixed it.

Try moving your seat forward a little bit. I had set my seat all the way back one day and ensuing clicking/popping drove me batty. Moved it forward about an inch and the noise completely went away.

Last edited:
Mine is definitely coming from inside of the seat . Moving it forward has no effect. You can actually re create it with a side to side rocking motion . It’s annoying ! Have to take the car in for service on the turn signal and will have them listen.