TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Clicking Sound during Initial Drive

Discussion in 'Canada' started by pqumsieh, Nov 11, 2018.

1. pqumsieh

pqumsieh Member

Has anyone experienced a click sound every few minutes for the first 10-15 minutes of driving. I’m thinking this could be related to the car temp changing? I park inside my garage, so it’s slightly warmer than the outside air.

Curious to see if anyone else had experienced something similar, not sure if I should request service for this.

2. rypalmer

rypalmer Active Member

Was this on the roadster or the semi?

Suggest you move the thread to the car-specific forum.

• Like x 1
  3. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare Mr. PlugShare

Always happens. Trevor had a podcast on it. Tesla always denies it but it’s there

4. pqumsieh

pqumsieh Member

This is on a RWD model 3

5. rypalmer

rypalmer Active Member

6. 03DSG

03DSG Active Member

Check your wheels for a playing card and a cloths peg

7. akidesir

akidesir Member

Do you have the 18" Aero Wheels? I know when I first got my car I heard some clicking sounds on the aero wheels for the first little bit, but then it went away.

8. 5_+JqckQttqck

5_+JqckQttqck Active Member

Could be a pebble stuck between your threads. I had the issue and brought it into the SC. They raised the car and removed the pebbles and the sound went away.