Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
.... another data point that doesn't match reality...

View attachment 658146

2020 Tied for Warmest Year on Record, NASA Analysis Shows

The most recent ERSSTv5 was published in ~2018... so.... how DOES his graph go past available data? So for the third time.... still no sign of exactly what data Spencer was using? Is there a newer ERSSTv5 that's not listed? Where?

View attachment 658147
Again, yet another 0.6C temperature rise between 1980 and 2016. See the graph you posted? 1980 0.4C / 2016 1.0C. That is a 0.6C rise. Now again, what goofy, dumb ass point are you trying to make? I told you to take it up with Dr. Spencer and UAH. But you are too weak-kneed to do that.

Again, yet another 0.6C temperature rise between 1980 and 2016. See the graph you posted? 1980 0.4C / 2016 1.0C. That is a 0.6C rise. Now again, what goofy, dumb ass point are you trying to make? I told you to take it up with Dr. Spencer and UAH. But you are too weak-kneed to do that.

So.... 2020 was tied for the warmest year, yes?... is that what this shows? ;)

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 3.31.11 PM.png

Going with JPL on this one...

Study: 2019 Sees Record Loss of Greenland Ice

But... does it really matter if 2019 was the worst or slightly better than the worst year??? The trend could not be more clear....

View attachment 658149
That graph is sea ice extent - not Greenland ice loss. One can display a graph with blocks and colors to make something look worse than it is. If you want a better perspective how the real world is, a map is better by far.

Do you see the 1981-2010 median ice edge? Do you see the observed ice coverage? Now tell me. Does that look like to you that the Arctic ice is melting away to oblivion?

That graph is sea ice extent - not Greenland ice loss. One can display a graph with blocks and colors to make something look worse than it is. If you want a better perspective how the real world is, a map is better by far.

Do you see the 1981-2010 median ice edge? Do you see the observed ice coverage? Now tell me. Does that look like to you that the Arctic ice is melting away to oblivion?

??? Seriously? A 'winter is still cold' argument? Yeah.... sea ice when it's near max it ALMOST gets to what the average used to be... yay?

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 3.47.01 PM.png

Reactions: JRP3
The big temperature drop is occurring in 2021.

We're 4 months into 2021. There's definetly no ERSSTv5 data for 2021. So for the forth time... where is that data coming from?

Aside from that... assign a date to where the arrow is pointing. I read Jan '21. So the decline is 2020... not 2021. How can there be a steep decline in the year tied for warmest? What is the source of this data?

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 3.50.57 PM.png

You can also show a graph with blocks and colors to show exactly how it is. Are you claiming the block graph is inaccurate or faked? If so, what is your source for this claim?

Cherry-picking a single data point to "disprove" climate change is pretty feeble .. I can "prove" that smoking doesnt cause lung cancer by pointing to my 85 year old grandfather who has smoked 20 cigarettes a day. How is showing a single sample of arctic ice extent any different?

Reactions: eevee-fan

By the way, click the image for high resolution. The Barents Sea is where most of the below normal sea ice extent is located.

We're 4 months into 2021. There's definetly no ERSSTv5 data for 2021. So for the forth time... where is that data coming from?
Great opportunity to ask Spencer that. I believe an atmospheric research scientist has much greater access to real-time data than the general public does. By the way, you misspelled definitely. I normally don't give a crap about such things, but since you made a big-ass deal about "ovservations," I thought it would be fun to shove that in your face. Yes, I'm 64 and that petty!

Great opportunity to ask Spencer that. I believe an atmospheric research scientist has much greater access to real-time data than the general public does. By the way, you misspelled definitely. I normally don't give a crap about such things, but since you made a big-ass deal about "ovservations," I thought it would be fun to shove that in your face. Yes, I'm 64 and that petty!

No... I'm not doing your homework for you. You're the one that cherrypicked a source that was ovviously flawed because it was as close to what you wanted to hear as you could find.... YOU ask Spencer.

If I was to pivlish that post I would defnitily have some someone check it. ERSSTv5 isn't 'real time' data. It's compiled and corrected ovservational data. It doesn't exist for 2021. So for the 5th time. What's the source?

Last edited:

I thought it would be fun to shove that in your face. Yes, I'm 64 and that petty!
If you can't make valid points without resorting to insults you don't have a valid point.

Do you know who Jeremy Corbyn is? In case you don't know, he is the British Labour Party Leader. Most people who pay attention to global politics know who he is. What most people don't know is that he has an elder brother named Piers Corbyn. Piers is a meteorologist and astrophysicist. Allow Piers Corbyn to explain to you the fallacy of CO2 driving the world's climate. Go to 41:50.

By the way, your desperate attempts to discredit Dr. Spencer because of the ERSSTv5 observations are due to your lack of thought and silliness. Do you know what an ordinate is? It is the y-axis if you need help. Look at the left graph you posted. The ordinate has a range of -0.6C to 2.0C. Now look at the right graph. The ordinate range is -0.4C to 1.0C. This creates a visual distortion of the graphs. The smaller temperature range of the graph on the right creates a more dramatic appearance of a temperature rise. The abscissas are different as well. The graph on the left goes from 1979 to 2030. The one on the right goes from 1920 to 2020. Of course the graphs won't look the same. Now take a look at 1998. That was an El Nino year. You can see the peaks in both graphs. Take a look at 2016 - a powerful El Nino year. Those peaks match as well. The graph on the right stops before 2020. The graph on the left continues into 2021 where you can see the recent cooling trend. This is because La Nina conditions are dominating.

There now. Did I get your head screwed on straight for you?
Piers Corbyn? The ‘5G gives you Covid‘ guy?

No... I'm not doing your homework for you. You're the one that cherrypicked a source that was ovviously flawed because it was as close to what you wanted to hear as you could find.... YOU ask Spencer.

If I was to pivlish that post I would defnitily have some someone check it. ERSSTv5 isn't 'real time' data. It's compiled and corrected ovservational data. It doesn't exist for 2021. So for the 5th time. What's the source?
That isn't my homework to do. I know that UAH is a bona fide atmospheric research facility. NASA thinks it is. NOAA thinks it is. DOE thinks it is. Just because a lightweight like doesn't think so is no concern of mine.
Piers Corbyn? The ‘5G gives you Covid‘ guy?
Oh, my goodness. How terrible! Pier Corbyn needs to be thrown in jail for such an offensive crime against humanity!

That isn't my homework to do. I know that UAH is a bona fide atmospheric research facility. NASA thinks it is. NOAA thinks it is. DOE thinks it is. Just because a lightweight like doesn't think so is no concern of mine.

Oh, my goodness. How terrible! Pier Corbyn needs to be thrown in jail for such an offensive crime against humanity!

Good to know... so.... what data was Spencer using?

Reactions: WVhybrid
These two:

And if you don't believe it, take it up with UAH on Spencer's blog site. Get Spencer fired. Think of the hero you would be to your fellow global warming worshippers.

You're the one posting it. I'm just asking what the source is. Why is that such a difficult question to answer? If you don't wish to defend it then maybe you should stop promoting it.

Clearly it's not ovservations based on ERSSTv5... so what is it?

Line of best fit for the actual ERSSTv5 starting in 1979 at 0C and ending at 0.8C in 2018 on each graph... CLEARLY not the same data.... CLEARLY not the same ERSSTv5. What's the source for Spencers ERSSTv5?
Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 10.49.00 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JRP3 and eevee-fan