Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Texas Tribune: Wind power's role in Texas grid failure less than first estimated.
All liberal news magazines and newspapers cover up the 93% loss of wind energy during the Arctic blast in Texas.

• Disagree
Reactions: eevee-fan
You are so funny. You DO know that coal piles froze, right? What is it a fellow Texan said about what they say in TN about getting fooled twice? LOL

You can adjust the times on this energy graph. If you look at 12 Feb to 20 Feb, you can clearly see the wind energy getting knocked out on 15 Feb. Coal and nuclear were the most steady.

• Disagree
Last edited:
Click ERCOT to get to the Texas data.
ERCOT shows that NG was the largest loss of generating power. It also shows that wind came back online faster than NG.

1620088978355.png

• Informative
Reactions: CyberGus
My dog says Cicada is a mythical creature and do not exist. Claims to have done extensive studies sniffing the ground over the last decade and never found any evidence of it. I can't convince her otherwise. If you know about dogs and cicada, you should get the joke. LOL

Last edited:
ERCOT shows that NG was the largest loss of generating power. It also shows that wind came back online faster than NG.

View attachment 659316

Slide 24 tells it all. It's not the fault of ANY of the generators. Being frozen and icing is a simple fix - even at $10/mo, it's better than having to install a propane tank in the back yard - for those lucky enough to have a back yard and space for it.

For the next Arctic blast, Texas will know to boost coal-powered energy before it arrives, because wind turbines freeze with our relatively high dewpoint temperatures.
As with EVs vs ICE: even putting CO2 emissions to one side, what kind of rational person would want to retain coal as a fuel? Its toxic emissions are well documented.

Even the very ‘cleanest’ (lol) HELE coal power stations are puking sulphur and particulates into the air we breathe.

Reactions: CyberGus

Slide 24 tells it all. It's not the fault of ANY of the generators. Being frozen and icing is a simple fix - even at $10/mo, it's better than having to install a propane tank in the back yard - for those lucky enough to have a back yard and space for it.
Wrong. This tells the story.

Click ERCO

Go down to third graph down - electricity generation by energy source - click the gear in upper right hand corner

Set the date rage from 12 Feb to 20 Feb

The graph will display the energy usage by source. Run your cursor across the graph. It will display the megawatthours for each source.

Along the graph, look at 02/14/2021 2000 CST. There you will see a break down of for each source.
Wind 8,087 MWh
Natural Gas 43798 MWh
Coal 10,829 MWh
Nuclear 5,140 MWh

Now advance 24 hours to 02/15/2012 2000 CST
Wind 649 MWh - down 92%
Natural Gas 30,917 MWh - down 29%
Coal 8,023 MWh - down 26%
Nuclear 3,785 MWh - down 26%

Now you can clearly see that our wind turbines were knocked out by the Arctic blast. This triggered the widespread outage. Natural gas all of sudden was being used to heat freezing Texans' homes. I cranked up my natural gas logs in the fireplace when my lights went out. It kept my home temperature from dropping below 50F. The power companies then were forced to compete against the consumer to get natural gas to their power plants. They needed that natural gas to make up for the 7,438 MWh of wind energy that got knocked out. But they couldn't because Texans were using it to heat their homes. That is the story in a nutshell. Yes, there is a winterization factor that played into the widespread drop of energy production. But it was that proportional drop of wind energy is what triggered the entire blackout event.

Next time, we will know better to make sure our coal and nuclear are boosted for the next Arctic blast.

• Disagree
Then you know that CO2 resonates at Infrared frequency trapping the heat and making the temperature of the Earth increase. You also know that there are SCIENTIFIC evidences that the increase of CO2 CONCENTRATION IN THE ATMOSPHERE IS ANTHROPOGENIC.
Why you keep saying that Climate goes through Natural Cycles?
Because the Northern Hemisphere went through a similar warming period in the early 20th Century without CO2 forcing.

There were newspaper articles written about it.

https://realclimatescience.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/2019_05_07_05_25_24-down.png

• Disagree
Reactions: Raffy.Roma