Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
  • Funny
Reactions: eevee-fan
Houston Chronicle : Fed-up Texans are creating their own tiny power grids. Here's how..
We added a natural gas whole home generator for the time being. It’s been great for the few brief power outages we had.

It’s not just batteries that are in short supply. Generators are hard to come by as well. It took 6 months to get ours in. The backlog is now 9 months. An additional issue we ran into was the installation companies weren’t aware that customers in coastal counties who use government backed Texas Windstorm Insurance Agency for windstorm insurance must have an inspection of the generator install done or they can deny claims.

We found that out the hard way when trying to add the generator to our policy. So get a generator to deal with storm related power outages but lose your storm insurance coverage

Eventually I’d like to go solar/battery but my roof probably has another 5-7 years left in it. At that point we’ll probably install panels or a solar roof.

That's why I listen more to physicists than environmentalists. They also happen to agree ~99.9% of the time. 'Weird'. It's almost like the concerns of environmentalists are based on falsifiable empirical evidence not religious dogma ;)

Sadly.... the same cannot be said for opponents of 'environmentalism'... their conclusions are almost entirely based on religious dogma.

The Ice Ages began 2.4 million years ago and lasted until 11,500 years ago. During this time, the earth's climate repeatedly changed between very cold periods, during which glaciers covered large parts of the world, and very warm periods during which many of the glaciers melted.

Earth about 4.5 billion years old. Just look at the Ice Age [2.4 million years] and explain the ups & down of temperature [note: sea level changes]
And try to think of what caused these rapid changes. Seems we have almost no idea how climate changes/works.

Pollution obviously bad.

• Love
Reactions: TN Mtn Man
Earth about 4.5 billion years old. Just look at the Ice Age [2.4 million years] and explain the ups & down of temperature [note: sea level changes]
And try to think of what caused these rapid changes. Seems we have almost no idea how climate changes/works.

Does this suggest anything to you?

1648605921678.png

Do you have your own storage tank for NG or is it piped in? I ask because I thought part of the problem last year was not enough NG available.
Sorry just saw this. It’s piped in. Loss of NG is a concern but during the freeze the direction from the powers that be were residential use would be the last customer cut off from NG.

Apparently stopping residential NG is highly dangerous. Pilot lights go out and residential users don’t check them when the gas comes back on. This dramatically increases the risks of homeowners going BOOM.

Reactions: TN Mtn Man