Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change / Global Warming Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EU must end new petrol and diesel car sales by 2030 to meet climate targets – report
EU must end new petrol and diesel car sales by 2030 to meet climate targets – report
New petrol and diesel car sales in Europe must be phased out before 2030 if the auto sector is to play its part in holding global warming to the Paris agreement’s 1.5C goal, a new analysis has found.

Forecourt plug-in hybrids will also have to disappear by 2035 at the latest, according to analysis by the German Aerospace Centre (DLR), commissioned by Greenpeace.

Vehicle emissions have barely changed over the last decade and the industry will exhaust its carbon budget within five to 10 years unless there is a radical shift, the DLR scientists say

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
In the last 20 years several liberal sites have complained that Exxon has given $25 million to climate denier organizations. This basically includes any organization that does not tow the line with their idea on climate change. If you use this same criteria then George Soros gift of $18 billion to the Open Society Fondations which has programs that support AGW FUD is funding it. In total if you look at the amount spent by liberal groups, colleges and governments supporting AGW climate change the amount spent by oil companies is zip.

In the last 20 years several liberal sites have complained that Exxon has given $25 million to climate denier organizations. This basically includes any organization that does not tow the line with their idea on climate change. If you use this same criteria then George Soros gift of $18 billion to the Open Society Fondations which has programs that support AGW FUD is funding it. In total if you look at the amount spent by liberal groups, colleges and governments supporting AGW climate change the amount spent by oil companies is zip.
The World's Largest Publicly Traded Oil Company Continues to Fund Climate Deniers

Global Warming Skeptic Organizations (2013)

Show me any climate scientist that makes $1.2 million.
Leading climate change denier was paid by energy companies

S"toon,

The site you indicate is where I got the $25 million over the last 20 Years. That's $1.25 million per year and much of that was to groups or individuals that were not just involved with climate issues.

As far as the $1.2 million it was over a decade or $120,000 per year. So I assume their are plenty of folks that make more than that. Although not a scientist Al Gore has made many multiples of that by pushing climate change. I looked up Michael Mann and he earns around $200,000 not including speeches which go for up to $10,000 a pop. So I stand by my statement that a lot more money is spent on those that agree with climate change than those that are skeptical. I also get a kick out of the folks that say I'm clueless just because I don't agree with them. I have read a lot on both sides of the issue and just don't agree that higher levels of CO2 will cause a catastrophe for humans. Basically global cooling would be much worse than global warming.

That's entirely dependent upon speed and degree. Slow cooling over thousands of years would not be as bad as fast warming over decades.

Yep;

Our infrastructure is not designed for a world ~2C warmer on average. Every port will be flooded. ~200M people are going to lose their homes due to sea level rise. Millions more will lose the glacier fed water source they depend on. Diseases limited by frost like Malaria will spread to places they've never been before. Farmable land will become Arid. Arid land will become farmable and people just 'moving' does't exactly work very well. Just ask the Trump supporters how they feel about refugees....

Even in the unlikely event that global warming isn't 'catastrophic' it's going to be MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUUUUCH cheaper to just do what we're going to have to do eventually.....

BREAK OUR ADDICTION TO FOOLS FUEL!!

Pretty much....

42174206_2037409076444555_2663955372309479424_n.jpg

Diesel is like Nuclear Power in a lot of ways. So much promised, so little delivered.

For every time someone has claimed they can be more environmentally friendly, there have been hundreds of times a diesel vehicle has blown clouds of nasty ass crap in my face (and I'm not just talking dump trucks and tractor trailers, more often it's pickup trucks). It's time for Diesel to die.

Yes, a few times driving on the highway I have had a jacked up diesel truck pull in front of me and blow clouds of crap at me. Also a few years ago we had 5 of those trucks park in the local supercharger and wrap the electrical cord around there mirrors, one of them even put the connector in their gas cap.

Also a few years ago we had 5 of those trucks park in the local supercharger and wrap the electrical cord around there mirrors, one of them even put the connector in their gas cap.
Yes, I witnessed that event. Posted here.

Worth noting that I don't classify all diesel truck drivers into the same category as these guys. Many that I see around here are just hauling trailers for service work and likely don't have ill will towards anyone.

Yes, I witnessed that event. Posted here.

Worth noting that I don't classify all diesel truck drivers into the same category as these guys. Many that I see around here are just hauling trailers for service work and likely don't have ill will towards anyone.
People who have trucks as work vehicles are not the problem. It's the young males who have the truck as their lifestyle image who are most threatened by EVs

Reactions: ohmman
Failure to take environmental protection seriously, especially when backed by scientific consensus, is a betrayal to all life and against God's expectations for us to be good stewards of the planet.

Most forces stand against humanity thriving in the future. You need only look at the U.S. national budget to see that. Humanity's hopes and dreams lie on the backs of a minority of heros fighting and winning against the opposing currents of human greed, apathy, and conceits.

is a betrayal to all life and against God's expectations for us to be good stewards of the planet.
Your god. Their god bids them to plunder at will.
And by the way, the hebrew (of course) says something else*. I would posit that the world would be better off if christians had a half assed translation but I know better.

* Modern Hebrew translates the word as 'rule' or 'govern.' Plunder and exploitation justified by an imagined superiority are christian inventions.

Last edited:
Reactions: JRP3