Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change / Global Warming Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
cooling 3.png
That never happened. A few articles about possible cooling was not a "global cooling scare".
Come on, just because skeptical science says it never happened? JRP3, how old are you? I am 52. I REMEMBER all of the stories and articles on this. I wrote a paper for my school on this. There are quotes for scientists stating this. We did not have google back then, so there was no way for the layperson to search for peer reviewed literature, but this WAS the prevailing zeitgeist right up until the late 1970s.
cooling 2.png
cooling1.gif

More climate fraud from the alarmist “Union of concerned scientists“:

I realize that alarmist scientists committing climate fraud it is so common these days that it is not even newsworthy but I still love to throw it in the face of anti-science ideologues who believe in this AGW crap. There are certainly plenty of those misguided ideologues here!
Yet another video from the guy whose credentials and reputation are so bad he doesn't even use his real name.

Reactions: SwedishAdvocate
I'm older than you, I remember the articles, and it was a short term blip. Deniers love to bring it back up and pretend it was greater than it actually was.
Sounds like you are the denier. When the NYT, Washington post, Columbia University, Time Magazine, and NASA all say global cooling from burning fossil fuels is a real things, back then, it WAS considered main stream thought. And this went on for a 10 year period.

Last edited:
I'm older than you, I remember the articles, and it was a short term blip. Deniers love to bring it back up and pretend it was greater than it actually was.
@JRP3
being in my 70's I also remember those articles.
The mentally jaring part was in the article
IF a new "ice age" was triggered" how would "....Coastal Cites be flooded...." (say what????) Lack of basic knowledge i guess)

As I recall, (from studies not age,)
grade school and high school basic education, population migrations 'n such
the land bridges formed when the oceans __lowered__, allowing folks to walk from Asia to North America, there was at least once the Mediterranean Sea, __dried__ up (Messinian salinity crisis - Wikipedia) (tectonic stuff)(huge salt beds)(not due to ice ages tho)

So an Ice age would lower, not raise sea levels, causing the whole article to be of questionable use at best, and the "scientists" work it was based upon the be questioned also. (basic lack of knowledge of the newspapers author)

"......The story made headlines in the New York Times. Shortly afterwards, Schneider became aware that he had overestimated the cooling effect of aerosols, and underestimated the warming effect of CO2 by a factor of about three.
He had mistakenly assumed that measurements of air particles he had taken near the source of pollution applied worldwide. He also found that much of the effect was due to natural aerosols which would not be affected by human activities, so the cooling effect of changes in industrial pollution would be much less than he had calculated.
Having found that recalculation showed that global warming was the more likely outcome,<<<======

===>>> he published a retraction of his earlier findings in 1974.[7]....."<<<===
Stephen Schneider - Wikipedia

@Swampgator
again, what is your purpose here? trolling? tension, apprehension and dissension?
what? dissolution of the forum?
honing trolling skills?
Are we training a low grade AI?

Last edited:
@JRP3
being in my 70's I also remember those articles.
The mentally jaring part was in the article
IF a new "ice age" was triggered" how would "....Coastal Cites be flooded...." (say what????) Lack of basic knowledge i guess)

As I recall, (from studies not age,)
grade school and high school basic education, population migrations 'n such
the land bridges formed when the oceans __lowered__, allowing folks to walk from Asia to North America, there were a few times the mediteranian __dried__ up (sea bed core samples) caused by water getting tied up in ice

So an Ice age would lower, not raise sea levels, causing the whole article to be of questionable use at best, and the "scientists" work it was based upon the be questioned also. (basic lack of knowledge of the newspapers author)

"......The story made headlines in the New York Times. Shortly afterwards, Schneider became aware that he had overestimated the cooling effect of aerosols, and underestimated the warming effect of CO2 by a factor of about three.
He had mistakenly assumed that measurements of air particles he had taken near the source of pollution applied worldwide. He also found that much of the effect was due to natural aerosols which would not be affected by human activities, so the cooling effect of changes in industrial pollution would be much less than he had calculated.
Having found that recalculation showed that global warming was the more likely outcome,<<<======

===>>> he published a retraction of his earlier findings in 1974.[7]....."<<<===
Stephen Schneider - Wikipedia

@Swampgator
again, what is your purpose here? trolling? tension, apprehension and dissension?
what? dissolution of the forum?
honing trolling skills?
Are we training a low grade AI?
I'm getting better all the time. You should be afraid. :p Did Dr Rasool from NASA retract? He was using computer models developed by the first climaet alarmist, Dr James Hansen.

@Swampgator just so it's not missed:
Why no on point 2? I thought you agreed with the Curry piece.
Specifically what don't you like about pairwise homogenization? It's extremely robust and is used cross-discipline with great success. It's also easy to reproduce and test, by taking a temperature series and injecting noise, then seeing how the data is cleansed.

https://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/full/10.1175/2008JCLI2263.1
https://www.researchgate.net/public..._of_surface_temperatures_in_the_United_States

I'm getting better all the time. You should be afraid. :p Did Dr Rasool from NASA retract? He was using computer models developed by the first climaet alarmist, Dr James Hansen.
@Swampgator
The point is one of the two authors of the paper __retracted__
as for you getting better, well that's uncertain at best.
you are accomplishing something though

Incorrect.
Steven Goddard

His TWITTER ACCOUNT:
Steve Goddard (@SteveSGoddard) | Twitter

While his name is Tony Heller, he does use Steve Goddard for his idiotic spews.

The video is from his YouTube account you moron. However I wouldn’t expect someone with your low level of intelligence to understand that.

By the way, find one single thing factually incorrect in his video that I posted. I dare you. Or you can go run and hide like your buddy ohman does every time he is challenged to prove any of the nonsense he spews.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
As we go iris-out for this scene, the soothing baritone voice of the narrator is heard:

Will Ohmman and Swampgator get together and have a thoroughly professional and dignified debate?

Will Jrad6515 remember his English composition classes and adopt better writing techniques?

Be sure to be with us for our next exciting episode, "How I Learned to Understand Other Points of View and Reconcile Them With My Own," or

"That's MISTER moron to you!"

This discussion is like a serial where the plot goes nowhere.

As we go iris-out for this scene, the soothing baritone voice of the narrator is heard:

Will Ohmman and Swampgator get together and have a thoroughly professional and dignified debate?

Will Jrad6515 remember his English composition classes and adopt better writing techniques?

Be sure to be with us for our next exciting episode, "How I Learned to Understand Other Points of View and Reconcile Them With My Own," or

"That's MISTER moron to you!"

This discussion is like a serial where the plot goes nowhere.
I don't know why you people keep feeding these trolls. It should be clear to you now (or a long time ago) that they are spouting nonsense and you are not going to change their minds.
I blocked them a long time ago so I don't have to read their drivel. I do admire the effort all of you have put into appeals to science and reason but you really should realized that it's just a waste of time.