Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change / Global Warming Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no issue with doing our best to keep the earth beautiful.
That doesn't seem to be the case. The basic physics of the CO2 and CH4 molecules, along with all the other emissions from heavy fossil fuel usage, tells us to move as quickly as possible to eliminating their use as much as possible.
Unfortunately, politics gets involved and tears apart any reasonable opinion. In America, it's all: Dems love GW and Repub's love oil. The truth is far from such a basic standard
Dems don't "love" GW, obviously. They see the evidence and understand the multiple reasons to make sure we don't unduly impact the environment. Repub's simply seem to fear change.

I find myself in the unfortunate situation of supporting a party I mostly find to be corrupt, spineless and mired in trivia ... but not evil.

My take on the word evil is that there is a large degree of immorality inherent in anything evil. So, spineless is not evil. Mired in trivia is not evil. But I gotta draw the line with corrupt. Corruption is immoral. Hence corruption is evil.

I will gladly defer to your semantics if your sources differ from my experiences over the decades.

^^ It is a matter of scale and severity.

Putting children in concentration camps is evil
Putting personal again ahead of the future of humanity is evil
Facilitating mass murder is evil

Influence peddling for personal gain is corrupt.

Let me put it this way:
Watching Dem politicians at work makes me question the value of government. I want to fire the great majority and tell them to find a job away from politics.

Watching Repuke politicians at work make me want to call an exterminator.

Last edited:
Reactions: ZsoZso and Unpilot
Sanders has the balls to speak the truth about population, right wing makes up lies about it.
The right wing uses population to instill fear.

Viktor Orbán trumpets Hungary's 'procreation, not immigration' policy

Procreate or face extinction: that is the message from central European leaders to their shrinking populations, as across the region rightwing governments implement so-called “family first” policies to incentivise childbearing.

Orbán, who has based his political campaigns in recent years on anti-refugee and anti-migration sentiment, said other European politicians saw immigration as the solution, but he firmly rejected this, tapping into the far-right “great replacement” theory.

Abbott said dying populations, not climate change, were the biggest threat to western civilisation, and lashed out at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle for recent remarks that they would not have more than two children due to the effects on the environment. “Having fewer children in western countries will hardly make the climate better when so many children are being born elsewhere,” said Abbott.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
We scientists must rise up to prevent the climate crisis. Words aren’t enough

We scientists must rise up to prevent the climate crisis. Words aren’t enough | Claire Wordley and Charlie Gardner

It was this realisation that incited us both to embrace activism, and to take to the streets and engage in non-violent civil disobedience as members of Extinction Rebellion. The refusal to obey certain laws has a long and glorious history: from the suffragettes to Rosa Parks and Gandhi, many of the 20th century’s greatest heroes engaged in non-violent civil disobedience to win their rights.

Today, civil disobedience is again on the rise. And it is working. The protests that shut down four sites in London in April raised the climate crisis rapidly up the political agenda, and into the public consciousness. The environment is now the third most pressing issue for British voters, above the economy, crime and immigration: the UK parliament and half the country’s local councils have declared a climate emergency, and a zero-carbon target has been enshrined into law. We don’t know what policy change will follow, but it is an encouraging start.

Many here are old enough to remember the cover of Time magazine and Newsweek and NYT's etc....all reporting on the coming Ice Age. As in if "present trends continue the world will be 11 degrees cooler by the year 2000." Must have been the Oil industry................uhhhh no , many are the same "scientists" claiming GW will end the world in 5, 10 25 etc... take your pick. I was only a young lad but believed the "science" at the time. Fool me once........... Not again! Believe what you will, as will I

• Disagree
Reactions: ggr and ZsoZso
The right wing uses population to instill fear.

Procreate or face extinction: that is the message from central European leaders to their shrinking populations, as across the region rightwing governments implement so-called “family first” policies to incentivise childbearing.

Orbán, who has based his political campaigns in recent years on anti-refugee and anti-migration sentiment, said other European politicians saw immigration as the solution, but he firmly rejected this, tapping into the far-right “great replacement” theory.

Abbott said dying populations, not climate change, were the biggest threat to western civilisation, and lashed out at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle for recent remarks that they would not have more than two children due to the effects on the environment. “Having fewer children in western countries will hardly make the climate better when so many children are being born elsewhere,” said Abbott.
Narrow focusing on "western civilization" ignores the growing world population problem. More people = more pollution from fossil fuels to feces.

Many here are old enough to remember the cover of Time magazine and Newsweek and NYT's etc....all reporting on the coming Ice Age. As in if "present trends continue the world will be 11 degrees cooler by the year 2000." Must have been the Oil industry................uhhhh no , many are the same "scientists" claiming GW will end the world in 5, 10 25 etc... take your pick. I was only a young lad but believed the "science" at the time. Fool me once........... Not again! Believe what you will, as will I

Really? This nonsense again? LOL; Ok... you know this is BS... I'll allow you to explain why.

• Love
Reactions: ZsoZso and mspohr
Do you just skip previous posts which keep contradicting your claims? The "ice age" nonsense has been repeatedly debunked multiple times in this thread.

IDK how old you are, but I lived through it. I read about, watched it etc.... thru the 70's Not "debunked"

Why did they (a small minority, the consensus has been for warming since at least~1950) think there would be an 'Ice Age'? Let's start there. Maybe if you engage in some facts you won't forget... again. What was the mechanism that was supposed to drive colder temperatures?

Reactions: JRP3
Narrow focusing on "western civilization" ignores the growing world population problem. More people = more pollution from fossil fuels to feces.
The right wing "western civilization" fear mongers are only concerned about population increases in the third world. They want increased population of the "right" kind of people (white) and want to discourage all of those brown people. They selectively use the climate change argument to blame the third world for the problem when, of course, we know that it is really the industrialized world that is responsible for destroying the climate. (i.e. US has 4% of the population and 14% of the global warming emissions)

Reactions: cpa