Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change / Global Warming Discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Biden pushes jobs as make-or-break argument in climate agenda
The closing day of the two-day summit on the climate crisis is to feature Bill Gates and Mike Bloomberg, steelworker and electrical union leaders and executives for solar and other renewable energy. Biden vows to slash US emissions by half to meet ‘existential crisis of our time’ It’s all in service of an argument US officials say will make or break the president’s climate agenda: pouring trillions of dollars into clean-energy technology, research and infrastructure will jet-pack a competitive US economy into the future and create jobs, while saving the planet.

Biden pushes jobs as make-or-break argument in climate agenda
Biden vows to slash US emissions by half to meet ‘existential crisis of our time’ It’s all in service of an argument US officials say will make or break the president’s climate agenda: pouring trillions of dollars into clean-energy technology, research and infrastructure will jet-pack a competitive US economy into the future and create jobs, while saving the planet.
😎 COOL!!

Reactions: Raffy.Roma
USA TODAY: Fact check: Photos show no change in sea level over 99 years but don't disprove climate change.
Fact check: Photos show no change in sea level over 99 years but don't disprove climate change

Drumpfing down of America. So easy to fool. LOL
Our rating: False
The claim that two images show no sea level rise and therefore climate change is a hoax is FALSE, based on our research. Sea levels have risen minimally in Sydney, but they are rising globally, and climate change is one of the reasons, experts say. 😅

“Can you grill those brussels sprouts? So get ready. You can throw back a plant-based beer with your grilled brussels sprouts and wave your American flag,” Kudlow continued, seemingly unclear about the fact that beer already comes from plants. Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer took a shot at the narrative Sunday evening, tweeting, “Excited to be watching the Oscars with an ice cold plant-based beer. Thanks Joe Biden.”

“Can you grill those brussels sprouts? So get ready. You can throw back a plant-based beer with your grilled brussels sprouts and wave your American flag,” Kudlow continued, seemingly unclear about the fact that beer already comes from plants. Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer took a shot at the narrative Sunday evening, tweeting, “Excited to be watching the Oscars with an ice cold plant-based beer. Thanks Joe Biden.”

I guess it's expected when children think food comes from the refrigerator and I guess some think Budweiser is made from cows?

Drumpfing down of America.

LOL

Last edited:
Reactions: CyberGus
Yes, but the problem in Antarctica is that the floating ice holds back large ice sheets on land. They then slide into the ocean.
I've read that 'small' glaciers near the coast act as keystones.

In any case, I wasn't saying that AGW is not causing sea level rise from polar melt -- it obviously is happening. I was only pointing out journalistic ignorance as to the cause..

Reactions: mspohr
I've read that 'small' glaciers near the coast act as keystones.

In any case, I wasn't saying that AGW is not causing sea level rise from polar melt -- it obviously is happening. I was only pointing out journalistic ignorance as to the cause..
TFA did have the relevant quote
Ella Gilbert, a research scientist in the University of Reading’s meteorology department, said: “Ice shelves are important buffers, preventing glaciers on land from flowing freely into the ocean and contributing to sea level rise. When they collapse it’s like a giant cork being removed from a bottle, allowing unimaginable amounts of water from glaciers to pour into the sea.

E.P.A. to Announce Sharp Limits on Powerful Greenhouse Gases E.P.A. to Announce Sharp Limits on Powerful Greenhouse Gases
The proposed regulation aims to reduce the production and importation of hydrofluorocarbons, which are used in refrigeration and air-conditioning, in the United States by 85 percent over the next 15 years. It’s a goal shared by environmental groups and the business community, which jointly championed bipartisan legislation passed by Congress in December to tackle the pollutant.