Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate comes on every morning with no scheduled departure set

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cinday

Nov 24, 2020
Ohio
So this has been going on for MONTHS. Last summer, I set a scheduled departure for a long trip I was making at 8 AM. All good. I then turned off the scheduled departure. However, it still comes on every day at 8 am, and runs the battery down even when I am not leaving. So I then have to manually turn if off (every day!)

I have checked the app settings on my phone, and the car settings. It's off. I check the app every night: no scheduled departure. I come down, It's running. I tried to set a scheduled charging session because that should definitely disable the scheduled departure. No love there either.

Took it to the Tesla dealer. The reset the car and had no earthly idea what was wrong. It's not the temperature/car trying to protect the battery - it happened in the summer when it was 70, and it happens in the winter in my heated garage.

Any ideas??? This is so frustrating.

Thanks for the reply! No, I don't use any 3rd party apps. The Tesla service guys told me that the app settings overrule what's in the car (if they are different), but regardless, both app and car are the same - off/no scheduled departure

Thanks for the reply! No, I don't use any 3rd party apps. The Tesla service guys told me that the app settings overrule what's in the car (if they are different), but regardless, both app and car are the same - off/no scheduled departure
Do you know if they did a 'reboot' (holding thumbwheels down' or a 'reset' back to factory specs (using the button in the Service menu)? You might want to try the latter, understanding it will reset everything you've customized back to how it came from the factory.

I see both of your postings above and unless I mis-understood, you have been referring to scheduled departure being off. BUT, have you also made sure that the scheduled "preconditioning" is ALSO off? As a side note, I think the service guy made a misleading statement. The App does not "overrule" what is in the car. The app and the car settings are in sync. Thus, if you made a change to a setting in the car, the app picks up that setting, and vice versa. Make a change in the app and the car picks it up.

I have a similar problem with my Model Y.
I set it to pre-heat the cabin the other day. I used scheduled departure because it was freezing that night.
Now it heats every morning. How do I turn off this function?
Well, you can have either Scheduled Departure or Scheduled Charging. It doesn't seem like you can turn Scheduled Departure 'off' in the app, but if you switch to Scheduled Charging, you can disable that in the app. In general, most people are going to use one or the other, so it makes sense to have them stay enabled unless you take an action to disable them.