Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate control algorithm V7.0

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The HVAC works fine for me, but this morning, while sitting in the car while in Park, I noticed a sound (slight vibration) every 10 seconds (and it would last for a few seconds) -- as if a pump or fan was starting then stopping. This sound and vibration would stop if I turned off the HVAC. I sit in carpool every weekday morning, and I never had this sound prior to V7.0. I have a June, 2014 build S85.

Anyone else experience this?

I'm so glad to find this. That's exactly what I was experiencing. After V7 there's a significant thumping vibration coming from the AC. I can hear it and feel it vibrating through the brake pedal when I'm at a stop light. My SC added the noise dampening blanket but I can still hear/feel it thumping.

If you find a solution for this please post it!

I was also pleased with the climate algorithm in V7.0, but my latest update seems to have gone backward. Today it's 88F outside and was probably well over 100F inside the car, but after 5 minutes of entering the car, the fan speed was still 5 and I was sweating! Why is this so hard to figure out? My previous 3 cars had automatic climate control and were set and forget.

Anyone else experienced a 'downgrade' in automatic fan responsiveness?

I was also pleased with the climate algorithm in V7.0, but my latest update seems to have gone backward. Today it's 88F outside and was probably well over 100F inside the car, but after 5 minutes of entering the car, the fan speed was still 5 and I was sweating! Why is this so hard to figure out? My previous 3 cars had automatic climate control and were set and forget.

Anyone else experienced a 'downgrade' in automatic fan responsiveness?

I thought it was my imagination, and perhaps the change of season, but yes it seems worse recently.

Every passenger I've had in the car over the last few weeks has asked for more AC, and more fan. This was trending better, but seems to have regressed.

Other cars I've owned have had automatic climate controls that were unobtrusive and effective, and were adjustable ( low, medium, intensive or similar verbiage).

My wife immediately runs the temp setting down to 64 or so on entering the car now, and has to constantly fiddle with it.

I wish that, like the speed limits, we could put an offset on fan speed. For example, if the auto algorithm puts the fan on 5, I'd love an offset so that it automatically adds +3 or whatever I choose.

I have found the following with 7.1/2.12.126 on a Classic S85, Range Mode OFF, with the steering column sensor rather than aspirator by the USB ports. In these scenarios, AC rather than heat is needed and this is after the initial cool down -- i.e., cruising behavior.

Outside temp less than 5 degrees away from set point: Recirc will turn fan speed down to 1, Fresh air will turn fan speed up to 4.

Outside temp more than 5 degrees away from set point: Recirc will keep it around 6-7, fresh air will stick around 4-5.

It is just weird.