TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Climate Control Auto On After Upate To 8.01

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by notsoice, Nov 9, 2016.

1. notsoice

notsoice Member

Hey Y'all!

I've noticed recently that since updating to the last software update released a couple of weeks ago, when entering my MS, the climate control will automatically turn on when I've left it off before exiting. In fact I rarely use climate control and always turn it off.

I thought it might be something buggy with the Cabin Overheat Protection feature because the vents were blowing cool air so it's been turned off and yet I still encountered the problem. It doesn't happen every time so I'm a bit stumped. Admittedly I haven't had a chance to really troubleshoot but thought to ask in case someone has a solution.

Cheers,

Patrick

2. msnow

msnow Active Member

How about "Smart Preconditioning"? Is that on and are you on your way to work or home when this happens or does is go on every time no matter where you're going?

3. notsoice

notsoice Member

I forgot about smart conditioning! My sales rep might have turned that on the last time I chatted with him but I don't have a set schedule so I told him it wouldn't work for me. I'll check that out. Thanks for that!

• Like x 1
  4. notsoice

notsoice Member

Smart preconditioning was on! Disabling to see if this is the cause.

Thanks again!

• Like x 1
  5. notsoice

notsoice Member

The Climate Control turned on while I was driving on 2 occasions so I'm not sure if turning off Smart Preconditioning did anything but my issue doesn't seem to be resolved.

6. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Weee!

Have you tried any 3rd-party apps for controlling your Tesla? I know one of the apps had a bug that was doing exactly what you are describing.

7. msnow

msnow Active Member

Which one?

8. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Weee!

The app was Induction for Android --> LINK.
    It was reported in a thread HERE at TMC.

9. msnow

msnow Active Member

I assume you uninstalled it but you should also change your MyTesla password to make sure it can't access your car anymore. At least you can then rule it out.

10. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Weee!

Oh, I didn't install Induction. It was just a suggestion to the OP's problem, in case he may be running a 3rd party app like Induction.
    Excellent point on changing the password to change the token!

11. notsoice

notsoice Member

Nope. Never tried that app. The only other tool I have is EVE but that runs off of the browser only and doesn't have any controls. It only provides information and access to personal emails.

The issue hasn't appeared today so I'm stumped as to what's triggering it.