Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Control is possessed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was 91F out today. We had the AC set on 71. All of a sudden, instead of the air coming straight out to my face it switched to the floor by itself and
changed the setting to LO. I tried to change the temperature back to 71 and this time it slid the temperature bar to HI all by itself as if someone else's finger was moving the temperature. My wife and I are the only ones who have the mobile app and we were both in the car so nobody is pranking us. It seems possessed!

It will go to either HI or LO and that is it.

You could try setting the screen to cleaning mode, and then adjusting the AC through the phone app. If this works and the temp doesn’t change while the screen is in cleaning mode, you definitely have a phantom touch issue.

It was 91F out today. We had the AC set on 71. All of a sudden, instead of the air coming straight out to my face it switched to the floor by itself and
changed the setting to LO. I tried to change the temperature back to 71 and this time it slid the temperature bar to HI all by itself as if someone else's finger was moving the temperature. My wife and I are the only ones who have the mobile app and we were both in the car so nobody is pranking us. It seems possessed!

It will go to either HI or LO and that is it.
Have you tried a reboot? Mine did something similar a few months ago and that did the trick.

I hacked your car. Pay me $5,000 in bitcoin and I give it back :D

Seriously though. Does the model 3 have the ability to change the the AC by scroll wheel? On my MX, I had a similar problem once and realized I was changing the scroll wheel by mistake. :eek:

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Phlier