Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Control Issue Model S 2017 100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any idea ow to fix the cabin sensor reading higher temperature than the actual temperature? I cannot get my car blow hot air on AUTO setting since it thinks it is already hot inside even though it is cold. Service center said that it is normal. I have to take my car off from AUTO and turn off the AC if I need warm air. Please help.
0D0009CA-D72B-4343-A75F-2A817FC4AC9F.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles
You didn't say what year your car is, but it may be the temperature sensor is blocked or the temperature fan is failing. There is a tiny fan that blows air across the sensor which is very quiet. The vent is below the center armrest for the older Model S (2014 to 2021). You should see a bunch of holes in a circular pattern where the air is brought in. On the 2021+ LR/Plaid, this is moved to just above the front of the phone chargers. In either case, the fan pulls air across the sensor. If the vent is blocked, or you have something hot/cold right in front of it, it will screw up the cabin temperature. Of course, if the fan isn't working that will screw up the temperature too. I don't think the 2012 to 2013 Model S has the fan, but I'm not exactly sure when the fan was added. These oldest cars do not have holes below the center armrest and I'm not sure where the sensor is located.

My 2022 S and prior 2016 S held the cabin temperature fairly well.

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles