Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate control issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else feel like the car often doesn’t know the correct temperature inside? I’ve found that when it’s not necessarily very cold out, but cool (like in the 50’s to 60’s), although the car should be putting out warm air, it consistently blows out cold air, at too high a fan speed. I usually have it set at 70 degrees, and always on auto. However, sometimes I need to keep my jacket on to be comfortable, and other times It’s too warm even with no jacket! It’s currently 55 degrees outside, the car is set to 74 and auto, but it’s still blowing out uncomfortably cool air! The other night, when it was also in the 50’s, I had to set it to 68 to not be too warm in the car!

Yes, mine is also not perfect on automatic. Is right most of the time. My Honda is exactly the same way. So I just have to turn it up or down to give it a little hint what I want it to do (heat or cool). I pay no attention since I have to do this on both cars.

I imagine it will be perfect once Tesla implements the mind-reading option (but then I'll have to change the name of my Tesla from Fred to Wilma...)

Well I have never had this problem in the last couple years, however I noticed when I first got the car that the heat and AC didn't seem to be as efficient and I liked. I changed a setting in the display to turn off something to do with energy savings (I forgot what it is called) and noticed it was better. I think I read something about that somewhere that it affected a couple things in the car. Maybe just my imagination, but you might want to experiment with that.

Yes, mine is also not perfect on automatic. Is right most of the time. My Honda is exactly the same way. So I just have to turn it up or down to give it a little hint what I want it to do (heat or cool). I pay no attention since I have to do this on both cars.

I imagine it will be perfect once Tesla implements the mind-reading option (but then I'll have to change the name of my Tesla from Fred to Wilma...)
I’m not expecting perfection! But I do expect that if you set it to a temperature on automatic, it would do a decent job of maintaining that temperature! I don’t expect it to blow cold air out when set to 72 degrees, and it’s colder than that outside.

I’m not expecting perfection! But I do expect that if you set it to a temperature on automatic, it would do a decent job of maintaining that temperature! I don’t expect it to blow cold air out when set to 72 degrees, and it’s colder than that outside.
If range mode is on, it hampers the climate control.

• Informative
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Hi Slevit1md,

I have found the auto setting very easy to disrupt.
If you change the fan speed in "auto" it is no longer in auto...
This surprised me... I hoped for auto but at a higher fan speed but no, it is now on manual A/C or Heat...
2019.16.2 March 2018 X100D

Shawn