Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate control: Needs quick seat heat/cool control

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

lzolman

Never thought I'd be driving the world's best car!
Supporting Member
Jun 13, 2019
Boston North Shore
As far as I've been able to determine, there's no quick-access option to the seat heat/cooling control without having to open up the entire climate control system. This is annoying, because I'd like to be able to, say, turn on the ventilated seat feature without necessarily turning on the A/C.

If my windows are down and I don't see any need to put any energy into the rest of the A/C system, including the blowers, I should be able to turn on just seat ventilation and nothing else. But I don't know how to do that, or if it's even possible.

I wish the front seat controls were directly accessible via the home screen, as two more icons down below, WITHOUT having to open the climate control system at all..,. if seat HEAT has three settings, why doesn't seat COOLING have a similar UI?

Valid voice commands in 2020 were: "Set driver/passenger/rear/all seat heater to high/medium/low." This should still work for the seat heaters. You might want to try replacing "heater" with "ventilation", "Vent", or "AC" to see if you can control the seat ventilation now offered.

Valid voice commands in 2020 were: "Set driver/passenger/rear/all seat heater to high/medium/low." This should still work for the seat heaters. You might want to try replacing "heater" with "ventilation", "Vent", or "AC" to see if you can control the seat ventilation now offered.
Haha, a SA at the Peabody, MA location had me try a voice command to turn on ventilation, and it ended up just turning the heat up to max on my ass. He didn't understand. His theory was that there are no voice commands for seat ventilation yet.