Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Control Screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a way to view the climate control screen without air/heat actually turning on? If I wanted to turn on the heated seats or steering wheel without turning on vents, without using a voice command or pinning those buttons to the home screen, is there a way to do that?

Reactions: beachmiles
On the previous version of the software, yeah you could…but some genius at Tesla decided entering the climate controls meant you probably want to turn on the fan or AC, so it turns on automatically. Same design team decided defrost for front and rear would be better to hide in that menu when the v11 update was initially released also. Considering the Bay Area is full of micro climates with huge swings of temperature changes within 15 minute radiuses, you would the design team in Palo Alto would have known better.

Reactions: dgoodlan
Is there a way to view the climate control screen without air/heat actually turning on? If I wanted to turn on the heated seats or steering wheel without turning on vents, without using a voice command or pinning those buttons to the home screen, is there a way to do that?
No. Had it stayed that way as it was on earlier software, it would have been far less fun that the new annoying and cumbersome approach. Fun counts. Just not to most drivers but hey…

This is so infuriating. I went into the climate controls today specifically to turn off the steering wheel heater, after I had already turned off the HVAC system because it was sunny and the interior was at the correct temperature and I didn't want the fan blowing anymore. But as soon as I went into the climate controls to manipulate the steering wheel heater controls, the fan automatically turned back on.

The people who decided to
1) Make the climate controls turn on when I go into the climate control menu and
2) Remove the steering wheel heater from the main screen and replace it with a customizable interface with only 5 selectable icons at any given time

need to be fired.

Reactions: beachmiles
This is so infuriating. I went into the climate controls today specifically to turn off the steering wheel heater, after I had already turned off the HVAC system because it was sunny and the interior was at the correct temperature and I didn't want the fan blowing anymore. But as soon as I went into the climate controls to manipulate the steering wheel heater controls, the fan automatically turned back on.

The people who decided to
1) Make the climate controls turn on when I go into the climate control menu and
2) Remove the steering wheel heater from the main screen and replace it with a customizable interface with only 5 selectable icons at any given time

need to be fired.
Agreed. Sadly, my 2023 Ioniq5 suffers from almost the same issue. The steering wheel heat option is buried 3 levels deep in the HVAC menu as opposed to a simple dash on/off button. Major PITA in a vehicle with lots of mechanical switches and buttons (which I for one like after “enjoying” some of the silliness of my Model 3’s driver interface.

Solution if there is one? More firings.