Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate facts to warm to

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Watching that video it was covered with BP adverts...
ccbp.jpg

Last edited:
The problem is said to be that once there is a lot of CO2 up there, and no natural process to balance that, the temperature increase can accelerate to the point where we can't stop it anymore.

I won't pretend to be an expert but, CO2 gets absorbed into water and then precipitates CaCO3. Heard this from a department seminar. Specifically it was a professor from University of Hawaii. Fred Mackenzie I think was the professor. He is one of the Hamilton Visiting Scholars.

I won't pretend to be an expert but, CO2 gets absorbed into water and then precipitates CaCO3. Heard this from a department seminar. Specifically it was a professor from University of Hawaii. Fred Mackenzie I think was the professor. He is one of the Hamilton Visiting Scholars.

There are many natural processes involving large amounts of CO2. So even a *relatively* small unbalance can lead to an accumulation of CO2 up there, and in addition, trigger other processes in a potentially escalating way. In addition to a blog describing latest scientific research on the topic, the following website provides a lot of introductory information. It is maintained by leading NASA climate scientists.

RealClimate: Start here

Richard Muller has changed his mind about global warming: Skeptic finds he now agrees global warming is real

A prominent physicist and skeptic of global warming spent two years trying to find out if mainstream climate scientists were wrong. In the end, he determined they were right: Temperatures really are rising rapidly.
The study of the world's surface temperatures by Richard Muller was partially bankrolled by a foundation connected to global warming deniers.