Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Fan Constantly Running

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CLIMATE FAN CONSTANTLY RUNNING

Upon exiting the vehicle, all climate is turned off, no cabin overheat protection is turned on, no 3rd party apps, sentry mode is disabled, EVERYTHING is disabled & OFF & NOTHING is telling the MODEL Y to keep the climate fan running, yet the fan continues to run for hours, even after exiting the vehicle, any ideas? No the car is not too hot or too cold, it doesn’t matter the temperature inside or outside the car or the environment, it happens ALL THE TIME! This has been happening for over two years, ever since I picked up the car, TESLA support has zero ideas on how to fix it and has offered zero help; it’s very frustrating…

Reactions: Michael Sant
If the fan only runs for a while after you have used the car, that is normal behavior. The car wants to dry the evaporator to prevent mildew and bad odors. IF on the other hand the AC unit (or heat pump) works, if your center screen stays on, if music continues to play, then you have another problem. In that situation the car typically thinks you're still sitting in the car and it is often a seat sensor that is unplugged or bad.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Upvote 0
CLIMATE FAN CONSTANTLY RUNNING

Upon exiting the vehicle, all climate is turned off, no cabin overheat protection is turned on, no 3rd party apps, sentry mode is disabled, EVERYTHING is disabled & OFF & NOTHING is telling the MODEL Y to keep the climate fan running, yet the fan continues to run for hours, even after exiting the vehicle, any ideas? No the car is not too hot or too cold, it doesn’t matter the temperature inside or outside the car or the environment, it happens ALL THE TIME! This has been happening for over two years, ever since I picked up the car, TESLA support has zero ideas on how to fix it and has offered zero help; it’s very frustrating…
Did you find the reason for this and got a resolution? I got 2023 Model Y yesterday and facing the same issue.

Upvote 0
I am having the same problem with my 2018 Model 3P. It just recently started over the past month or so. Interior climate randomly turns on after parked and cools down the interior of the car to the set interior temp. Would love to know the solution to this problem.

Upvote 0