Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate keeper fault! M3P 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, I seem to be adding yet another defect to the list of my many growing items.

Noticed my windows steam up randomly since collecting the car back in December. But today is the worst it's ever been. Could not get any window to demist all day, including front and back. Whilst I was mucking about with the climate, I noticed there was a fault.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_20210122_161837.jpg
    IMG_20210122_161837.jpg
    448.7 KB · Views: 60
Thats a subtle warning if you have to search for it! if it is below about 5 deg. C I believe my previous cars disabled a/c as the incoming air becomes fairly dry when its just heated, it might disappear.

Your steaming may be due to a leak...was that on your list?

I had this exact message following a windscreen replacement by Autoglass.

In my case the fault was with a humidity sensor which is housed in the panel behind the rear view mirror. AG had managed to cut the wires to it when replacing the glass.

Service centre in Edinburgh took care of it quickly and billed AG for the damage.

Reactions: gdallas
I had this too, on Christmas Day (the car was a fortnight old), just before a 30 mile drive in freezing temps - the system would only blow cold air, no matter what temp I set. Logged a service call but I didn't want to wait 3 weeks for a fix so after a week of no heat, I phoned Service asking for someone to look at it sooner. Next day, heating was back on and a software release note had appeared on the screen. I spoke to a Ranger who confirmed they'd identified a sensor sending spurious data to the HVAC, and they'd installed a patch to take temps from other sensors and use an averaged result to set the heating mode. Been fine since.

So, it might be fixable in software. Give them a call.

So, I seem to be adding yet another defect to the list of my many growing items.

Noticed my windows steam up randomly since collecting the car back in December. But today is the worst it's ever been. Could not get any window to demist all day, including front and back. Whilst I was mucking about with the climate, I noticed there was a fault.

Any ideas?

The screen shot shows recirc is turned on. That will definitely mist up the car. Appreciate it was just to show the warning and you already know that.

The screen shot shows recirc is turned on. That will definitely mist up the car. Appreciate it was just to show the warning and you already know that.

Ye, I was fumbling about trying all kinds of manual controls to get my windows to demist by that point!

It seems to be working again! My car is in on the 10th February for both panoramic glass s replacement (faulty) and wheel vibration issues. I'll mention it then.